Friday, April 16, 2010

Clariton for Babies?

This little girl hasn't been feeling so hot. The pollen count is HIGH and it has left Gooner grunting for breath. For example, she had a hard time eating breakfast because her nose was plugged and she couldn't breathe through her mouth. Poor thing. We had a TERRIBLE night the other night. Gooner couldn't sleep which meant we couldn't sleep. She was a hot little thing in a wet onesie with her hair matted to her head with sweat. Lovely. And she would only sleep on me. Q was awesome and made a midnight Wal-Greens run for Little Noses and that helped us get through the night.

Anyway, we called the nurse at our oh so fabulous NEW pediatrician and we are now stocked with a cool mist vaporizer and Benadryl. 

My first week of working out went FABULOUS. Running with Q is amazing and he pushes me! We ran 3 miles yesterday and we are thinking 5K in May. Woohoo! I've lost enough weight that it is time to start toning. Of COURSE I have more to lose, but it is time to add a weight routine in addition to the cardio.

Hair cut NEXT WEEK.

Have I missed anything???

9 comments:

Clarissa said...

I hadn't even thought about allergies affecting little ones! I guess when the pollen count gets high, I end up in a self-centered puddle of sneezes and forget that parents get to take care of baby hay fever. Super-bummer. I hope Gooner (and you) rest and breathe better soon!

Mandy Mitchell said...

Here's how stupid I am. Carter was sounding all clogged up in the throat/nasal area and I didn't even think about it being allergies. Even though everything has been coated in a layer of pollen and my allergies have been going crazy!! Duuuuuuuuuhhhh!!! Can you give a 5 month old anything?

Stephanie said...

Zyrtec works well too. Hope she's feeling better! Way to go on the weight loss!

NaomiG said...

Poor baby! My husband and I both have allergies, so I try to be aware of that with my kids. I'm really glad we have the dog, hopefully that will help cut down on their animal allergies as they get older. But yeah, the pollen. Horrible.

Adie said...

Yay to the weight loss! Hope Gooner gets cleared up!

Sassytimes said...

Poor Gooner!! My allergies are awful too.

Hope she feels better soon.

carissa said...

poor baby girl! that darn pollen... it gets the best of us. i hope the little noses, benadryl and the vaporizer do the trick. you are doing fantastic with the work outs! wow!!! you go girl! i can't wait to have this baby and to get back in shape. it's such a good feeling getting back to yourself. happy weekend!

The Mommy said...

The pollen is hurting BOTH of my little girls too. Ellie has prescription allergy medicine and Maggie's using Benadryl. I have been having extreme difficulty breathing due to my allergies messing with my asthma. Maybe I'll blog about it today!

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

The pollen has been crazy this spring! I hope Gooner can get some relief soon!