Monday, April 12, 2010

How are you...really?

I honestly don't know how to respond to this question, especially via Facebook chat. I don't know what to say. OR what about THIS scenario.

Friend: Hey La
Me:Hey
Friend: Now comes the infamous question. How are you?
Me: Doing well. You?
Friend: Yup, I'm fine.

DEAD silence.

I'm not sure what to say. Do I have to say anything? You said hello, so I'm assuming that YOU have something to say to ME. So at this point, Gooner is having a meltdown across the room and I'm realizing that it is her dinner time. So do I have to say something ridiculous like, "Good time chatting with you, but I gotta go," OR can I just leave since we aren't really chatting?


On the other hand, I baked some beets. Yes, you read that right. We had baked beets with garlic and dill. It was tasty. It reminded me of Russia. 




Apparently my food picture taking skills need some work.







They were tasty though...if you like beets.


Working Out 365


I took almost all of March off due to copious amount of puking, gall bladder removal and then a time to heal. As soon as I was able I was out walking around and last week Q and I ran a total of 5 miles on 2 separate occasions. I'll hoof it tomorrow as well.

12 comments:

katie said...

You're my favorite blogging person.

LeAnna said...

I just saw martha stewart baking some beets in foil like that! She cut them up and put 'em on a salad. I've never had beets any other way than pickled, can you believe that? They're sweet when pickled, and I imagine they are very earthy (?probably not the right word?) and rooty (maybe closer to the word...) when baked. And soooo good for ya!
I hope you're doing good, really really for reals. I think sometimes people have an awkward bug burrowed in their brain, ya know? I spray for awkward bugs on a weekly basis, but sometimes they hang out anyway. Darn bugs. ;)
Happy hoofing!

carissa said...

beets. hmmm... i've never had the "privilege" of tasting them. i trust you though and i'll take your word for it. i so know what you mean about conversations like that. i feel like saying, well, how much time do you have? if you have 5 hours i'll tell you how i really am. if you have 5 minutes i'll tell you that i'm doing just fine. run run run, girl! you're awesome!

Clarissa said...

I love beets!!!! Yum.

Kelley said...

I thought you were asking us how are you..really? i was going to give you the typical response of im well, thanks. Good thing you weren't asking me ;)
I do hate when people ask that and then don't say anything else... I wonder if they are just saying it cause they feel they should.
BUT on a serious note I wish I could see you and drink some french pressed coffee and catch up on life. I do also feel like my pregnancy has gone by so quick! I wonder if yours seemed slower bc of everything surrounding it and the place we were at, ya know? That was a crazy time for all of us. Miss you dear! Love to you all!

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

haha! I hate when people like that message me. I'm like ummm am I suppose to keep talking to you? haha

Adie said...

I do that all the time. Mostly my pauses have to do with me getting interupted so I have to step away for a minute. Also you just had surgery so maybe the person actually wondered how you are doing in reference to that

Anonymous said...

Mmmm, love beets!!!

NaomiG said...

I may or may not use the "Argh! The pizza is burning--gotta go!" Excuse on FB chat before, but only when people leave me hanging like that. :-) Beets are good, but my gramma makes beet salad that is truly horrible.And, I am a terrible food photographer. There's no way you could be worse than me, haha!!

Mrs T said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog!

Your little girl is adorable! Hate those awkward facebook chat moments.

I had my gallbladder out a few years ago - not fun. Hope your on the mend now.

Lori said...

The things you eat woman. I always have myself off online chat on facebook - I don't have time...and I hate being mid-conversation and need to break away, because sometimes the person just DOESN'T get it that I have a one year old. He's gotta wake up from his nap sometime!

Lindsey said...

Dang girl, you go! I've started to get back into running lately too. In fact, last night I ran the longest distance I ever have, 4.8 miles!! WHAT! WHAT!

Ryan & I are running a 10k on Saturday and it's not going to be pretty.

P.S. I totally concur with the FB chat and the "how are you?" thing.