Saturday, April 17, 2010

Bugs

I'm not a fan. Q was working late, so I was going to bed alone. Not a big deal, but he's normally the one on bug patrol. If I see a spider or a bug or something weird, it is HIS job to kill it. Now you all know that I love to camp and play in the dirt BUT still, I hate the feeling of beetle shells crunching when I stomp em. And I have a ten month old, so I DO stomp when the need arises. ANYWAY, let me take you back to last night. There I was, propped against my pillows reading blogs and Facebook, all alone, when a massive - semi drunk bug - began swirling around the bed banging into the curtains. It was disgusting. I of course grabbed a magazine and began wildly swinging at the air. EVENTUALLY I hit the thing, and then it disappeared. I'm assuming that I injured it and it crawled away into some recess to die. So I went to sleep, to the sound of rain, knowing that SOMEWHERE the bug was hopefully dying. Morbid, I know.

8 comments:

carissa said...

it woudld've been hard for me to sleep without knowing that nasty thing was dead for sure! you are a better woman than i! : )

carissa said...

oops... mis-spell... *would've

Adie said...

This post cracks me up. It is like I always seen the sweet innocent ;) la. But now I have seen the sinnister slighty morbid La. ;). Sorry about the gross bugs!

Clarissa said...

I kill my own bugs. I'm with you on not liking the crunchy sound/feeling, though. They don't bother me until their abdomen and/or thorax are the size of quarters and they're hairy or overly colorful. Ummm...then I get serious goose bumps and run away.

Unknown said...

I am a wimp with bugs. HATE them. I do kill them when necessary, but yeah...I sympathize with you. The bigger they are, the harder they are to 'crunch'. I'm battling ants right now at my house. Yuck.

NaomiG said...

Today I watched a bitter battle between a huge fly and a wolf spider in my kitchen. It was crazy!! I had to hang onto my dog, cuz she so wanted in the mix. Kung fu was involved. I am so impressed that you slept after *maybe* killing that thing. I would have to see its severed corpse before resting easy.

Heather said...

Oh I just hate bugs! I usually just put a cup over them until my husband gets home, so he can deal with it!

Life of a Doctor's Wife said...

Ewwwwww. That is the worst, when the bug goes somewhere and you can't dispose of it.

I am such a typical girl when it comes to bugs. Small ones - including small spiders - I can deal with. But anything bigger than a dime sends me into a fit of hysterical screaming.