Thursday, April 22, 2010

Собор Воскресения Христова

Or Cathedral of the Resurrection of Christ for those of you who don't read Cyrillic. Can you find me in the photo below?



This cathedral is located in St. Petersburg Russia, and is named after Tsar Alexander II who was assassinated at the site in 1881. The Cathedral is beautiful on the outside, but the inside is intricate mosaic. 

I've decided to begin scanning in my pics from Russia and posting. Back when I studied in Russia I had an old school camera - you know where you had to load film. This is all before I owned a digital camera! All this to say, most of my photos are safely enclosed in a small plastic book furnished by Kodak. 

Apparently St. Petersburg is the Venice of Russia, but I wouldn't know. My traveling in Italy consisted of Rome and Milan. This particular cathedral is located on the Griboedov Canal, formerly known as the Catherine Canal after Catherine the Great.


I don't want to forget about my travels abroad. I kept a journal while I was there and everywhere I went I jotted down facts so that I would NEVER forget. Thankfully I have a knack for languages and still read and understand Russian, but I want to remember. Perhaps once they are all scanned in I will create a photo book. That would be pretty fabulous. 


In many, if not all of my photos you will see Clarissa, my roommate for a time in Russia. We had a humble beginning, but that is for another post all together. Anyway, you can check out her blog In my oh-so-humble opinion

Tune in tomorrow for some before and after hair photos!!!


18 comments:

Anonymous said...

Before and after hair photos! Yay! I need to remember to schedule my hair appointment for tomorrow after work. It's WAY past due!

Stephanie said...

Wow, sounds like you were quite the world traveller! I'm so glad you got your jewelry already! And thanks so much for telling me how much you love them, that just makes my day!! :)

Adie said...

Your travels are so awesome! Costco has a "shoe box" deal in their phot department. Bring them a shoe box of pictures and they will scan them into digital format for $12.95. That is the price here. Can't wait to see more!

Life of a Doctor's Wife said...

Wow! I can't wait to hear more about your experience!

Kelley said...

Cant wait to see hair pictures! And I totally found you without even blowing it up :) Your hair was so long and straightened.
The cookies are really good but they don't have a super nutella flavor, I just add a thin layer of nutella to each cookie as I eat it, as if it needs more chocolate, and that does the trick. I think I may look somewhere for hazelnut extract or next time add hazelnut cookies to bring more of that flavor out. Let me know if you make them what you think! Wish you were here and I could just give you some :) Excited to chat tomorrow. love you

Jenn said...

thanks for the visit today..
no no... the idea is the dog and kids have the playdates.. not the mom... what is wrong with me! ;)

Seizing My Day said...

oh.. yes... forgot... I loved traveling too... back when I was 20!! 9 countries in 3 weeks... fun times! now... lucky to visit a beach! ha ha!

NaomiG said...

Cool! I'm so jealous... never traveled abroad. I wouldn't trade my life for anything, but I do wish I'd snuck a europe trip in there somewhere before kids.

Clarissa said...

I'm glad you still read and understand Russian. I need a vocabulary refresher. I learn quickly...and then I forget more quickly. I was thinking I needed to start scanning my pics from Russia too because some are fab and I like them. Thanks for the shout out to my blog. I guess I'll have to post something new that isn't whining about school. ;)

~M~ said...

That is so cool you've traveled so far!

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

That's so awesome that you studied abroad in Russia!! I studied abroad in France and England and it was some of the best times! You'll definitely have to post pictures!

chelsea rebecca said...

CAN'T WAIT for the before and after photos!

and can i just say WOW! what a world traveler you are!! thats awesome!

LeAnna said...

Hair! Hair! Hair! Now! Hair!
Sorry, so demanding, I know. Can't wait to see more pics and hear more stories from Russia, too. What a neat, neat experience!

Anonymous said...

HELLO!! It's tomorrow!!!!

Q, La, and Gooner said...

Mom, is that you getting all uppity? I'm getting used to my new "do." I'm marinating in the thought of short hair.

Anonymous said...

I am nothing but sweetness how could you call me uppity?

Mom

Q, La, and Gooner said...

Heh, Mom, I told the hairdresser we were like the same person, only you were older.

Anonymous said...

I do remember the time we visited Angel in college and one of her friends said to Angel "Oh my goodness! There are three of you!"