Saturday, April 10, 2010

And so we ran...

and ran. I truly enjoy a good jog. My running shoes are a good friend, and I'm truly addicted to a runner's high. I like it. This past year, it has been REALLY hard for me to get into due to the dislocated ribs that was exacerbated by the whole gall bladder issue. Anyway, running even a mile was difficult, but I did it because I was SUPPOSED to love it; I mean I always loved the sport. But post operation and a stroller purchase:




Q and I hit a nearby trail. It was mighty painful as we did 3 miles, but after that I don't think I am quite all healed up. I've always been a solo runner. I enjoy the time to myself, but I tried running with Q AND Gooner...and it was awesome. I loved it. There is something really special about a family working out together! Of course Gooner fell promptly asleep. I'm ok with that. Do you see her awesome hat? Yup, she sporting a NEW tangerine, and pink, with GOLD thrown in, sun hat. She also has infant sun shades that are pink, awesome, that she only wears when her mood is right for it.

As for Gooner, she doesn't like macaroni and cheese. Who doesn't like macaroni and cheese. What? She doesn't like PASTA!!!! How can this be? Her favorite food is by far meatloaf and bran muffins. 


Her father is quite proud of her digestive health. Um, is Gooner's coat not the cutest? Yup, that is her Easter outfit from her Aunt Angel in the Philippines! The outfit includes awesome European bloomers, a dress, coat and hat! They are all matchy matchy and awesome.


Speaking of my sister, I haven't seen her since my wedding. Yes you read that right. My wedding!!! While most brides are uber happy to leave and head for their honeymoon, our situation was different. I said goodbye to Angel and her family in TEARS. I was so happy, I was FINALLY Mrs. Q, 


it was beyond awesome and wonderful and then it was time to go. But first, oh but first the goodbyes. It was hard to say goodbye because I wouldn't see Angel, Reggie, Marcela and Harmony until who knew when. (They live in the Philippines and tickets are well, quite expensive.) THEN I got pregnant and had Gooner. Then SHE got pregnant and had Lillian. Then I got pregnant again...just kidding - I wanted to see if you were still paying attention. Anyway, Q and I celebrate our two year anniversary soon and Angel and her sweet family visit NEXT MONTH. Can you feel my excitement?

And two years of marriage! I'm so excited to be married to Q!

17 comments:

~M~ said...

what a precious coat!

Mo said...

Aw, I like the pix from da weddin. Post more on your anniversary :)

AND, Q still speaks french in my head. Especially in that tux. Very frenchy.

Stephanie said...

Happy anniversary! And yes, that is the cutest coat! She's too sweet! :)

carissa said...

happy almost 2 years!!! it just gets better every single year! i was excited for a second... thought you were making an announcement! : ) wow, it will be so sweet to see your sis. love the pic of daddy and his beautiful baby girl! her outfit is stunning. you go girl - 3 miles!?! that is awesome! i love running... can't wait to have this babe so i can get back to it. hope you have a fabulous rest of the weekend!

Anonymous said...

You are so funny! I love the "I wanted to see if you were still paying attention" part! I love Gooner's hat and coat, so cute! I also love your new blog background! Have a Great Weekend!

katie said...

1. Gooner looks fabulous in that coat!

2. Your wedding pictures are gorgeous!

3. Happy Anniversary!

4. Yay for finally getting to see your sister!

oh, and 5. 3 miles woman! You are a machine! Didn't you just have surgery?!

Kelley said...

totally not fair to joke about another baby... i was getting so excited reading that line :) what a beautiful bride you were. so excited for you to see your sis and so proud of you getting back on the trail! way to go la!

The Mommy said...

I LOVE the wedding pictures...LOVE them! Gooner looked adorable in her Easter outfit.
I'm sorry about the comment thing and it does happen to me sometimes. I assume it's a blogger issue. Thanks for the numerous attempts.
And, in June, I will have been Mrs. McAden-McMillan for TEN years!

NaomiG said...

Thank you so much for you comment on my blog! Three things:

1: I am in SO MUCH ADMIRATION of the running. The only time I run is if someone is chasing me.

2: That darling little coat/outfit is SO precious! Love it!

3: I had the exact same bouquet for my wedding. Did you feel like you were carrying a GIANT bunch of celery!? It was so beautiful tho, I loved it!

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

Cute wedding photos!!! Glad you guys had a great run/workout together!

Clarissa said...

How can I get Gooner's matchy matchy outfit for myself?! I think I'd be super-cute in that outfit. ;) I am glad you enjoyed running avec your family.

LeAnna said...

Looooved Gooners easter outfit! Too precious. Happy soon-to-be-anniversary, too! You made a lovely bride!

Adie said...

Happy Anniversary!! LOVE your pictures!! Gooners outfit is adorable, just when I thought she couldn't be prettier she went and wore lavender! WOW!! And thank you so much for the very nice comments. i really needed both of them!! I also really like your new layout.

Life of a Doctor's Wife said...

Your little one is so cute - look at that smile!!

And wowza - your wedding photos are gorgeous! I love your dress, your bouquet, and what a handsome groom! One sharp looking family. :-)

Jess said...

Wow, that is crazy that you haven't seen your sis for this long...can't imagine that with my own family. I love reading both of your blogs! The babe is darling. She has the cutest chub smiles. She must be a healthy little girl. Excited for your impending visitors!!

Anonymous said...

Happy almost Anniversary! Our two year anniversary is tomorrow! Yay!

Hannah Nicole said...

The coat is adorable! And I gotta tell you, if she doesn't like mac'n'cheese now, she probably never will. I've never, in my entire life, liked it. But I do like pasta and spaghetti and all that. Call me weird. Lol. ;-)

Have a great day!
--Hannah