Monday, March 8, 2010

My Morning Brew

We all know that I love a great cup of coffee. I don't like it black. I like to make it murky with cream. Yum. I enjoy most every creamer flavour, and prefer Coffee-Mate over International Delight, yet I enjoy the interesting flavours. Last week I realized that my creamer was getting low and added it to the list. A week later we headed to Wal-Mart and began shopping. As time went on , our cart filled up and Gooner's patience waned. She's old enough to throw a fit when she's hungry and it was an HOUR past her eating time, oops. So I grabbed a brownish white colored creamer, Hazelnut, and headed to checkout.


Gooner ate, and life moved on. I moved on, and once my French Vanilla finished I opened the Hazelnut and all was well... kind of. It tasted funny and I wondered if it was bad. I checked the expiration date and I have until November to finish it. Hmmmmmmmmmm. Best get to slurping it down... Heh.  Anyway, today I grabbed the bottle and actually LOOKED at it. First off I'd grabbed Wal-Mart's Brand AND it was Vanilla Carmel, NOT Hazelnut.


Really? Normally I pay attention to detail.

19 comments:

Sassytimes said...

It's hard to pay attention to detail when the baby is throwing a hungry fit.

Vanilla Carmel actually sounds good.

BonBon Rose Girls Kristin said...

Paying attention to detail? With a fussy bambino. Not gonna happen. At least you got anything at all. I usually have to leave when it's tantrum time. Ah ha ha

carissa said...

uh oh! i can't stand when that happens. especially when i come home with 2 shampoos instead of a 1 shampoo and 1 conditioner!

Jocelyn said...

That sounds exactly how I like my coffee:-) You should try the Chocolate Chip Creme Brulee...so yummy! Of course the coconut cream is one of my favs too!!!

Kelley said...

I think with a fussy baby you have a right to be a little overwhelmed!

Clarissa said...

You can't win 'em all. I think winning at motherhood is pretty awesome, though. You are amazin!

LeAnna said...

I do stuff like that all the time. I hate it when I read things wrong, and boy, do I seem to be doing that a lot here lately...Maybe I need to drink more coffee...
Maybe I need a brain transplant.
Maybe we should have coffee and talk about brain transplants sometime in the near future.

Life of a Doctor's Wife said...

Ha! Well, at least you have an excuse (Gooner) - I am terrible about paying attention to what I'm grabbing off the shelf. It drives my husband nuts!

Hopefully the Vanilla Caramel will grow on you!

Beth Priest said...

maybe now if you drink it and don't expect it to be hazelnut it won't taste so funny!

shopping with kids just is hard!

Mo said...

None of this murky creamer crap...drink it black, woman! That's how mom's are supposed to drink coffee...BLACK and bitter...haha!! Just like us. I'm really tired, forgive this comment. xoxo.

Leigh said...

I'm right there with you girlfriend on the French Vanilla Coffeemate. That's what I have every day. When I was trying to be uber-healthy for about 5 minutes I tried using vanilla soy milk or having chai tea instead (which I do love) and it's just not the same. My whole day is off.

Simple pleasures, right? I'm not giving that one up!

Anonymous said...

I'm clueless on creamers, since I don't make coffee at home or at work. I'm more of a once a month cofee drinker :)

Lori said...

Mmmmm...I miss coffee and hazelnut creamer :-)

Kelley said...

What?? You can't come to the shower anymore? This makes me sad
:( Call me soon so we can discuss and maybe figure out a time to see one another before the little guy pops out of my belly. I miss you and was so looking forward to seeing you. And bummer on the creamer, I hate when I do that. But vanilla caramel is good but definitely not the same as hazelnut.

Angie said...

It is so hard to shop with kiddos...I can totally see that happening to me :)

Adie said...

Vanilla Caramel is my favorite! I had no idea Walmart had a brand. I have tried the Internation one's because they do have so many interesting flavors but I never like them.

Amy Prikazsky said...

Oh no! I’m the same way….My thing is coming home and not having any more toothpaste! Drives me crazy! Lol! Hope you have a great Tuesday!

Amy[www.theprikazskys.com]

The Mommy said...

I like murky coffee too! I've tried the WM brand French Vanilla and I like it.

very married said...

your baby is ADORABLE! like, absolutely!