It started with an innocent question by Ken, "Which cardio machine makes you sweat? The bike?"
Q: She doesn't sweat unless she runs.
K: I can make her sweat.
La: Um, no you can't.
So off we went - Q to the bikes and me to the elliptical. Ten minutes later I'd done half a mile and of course had not broken a sweat. Ken immediately pushed my resistance from 4 to 9 and told me "that would do it."
It didn't. Don't get me wrong; I was working hard, but not sweating. So, we headed to the squat area. He set Q to jumping and doing this oh so painful looking thing and set me to squats, cause well, I need it more than Q being as I'm a girl and all... So, he gave me ten pound weights and down I went for 4 counts, hold, up for 4 counts. PAINFUL, and tiring, but still no sweat... I don't sweat.
K: I'll change that.
So off we went to do a killer ab workout, and then a killer butt workout on the ball. I was still not sweating so he added a ten pound weight and made me hold it up on my hips while squeezing my butt, set his watch, and just left me there. He looked over, grinned, and asked me if I "felt the burn."
I did.
He then handed me the other weight and I did countless MORE squats with weights.
He realized I was STILL not sweating. "Maybe you don't sweat, I can make you at least glisten."
So after Q, I did leg presses. I was smiling and laughing and - of course - not glistening. He asked me why I was smiling, don't I feel the burn?
La: Of course I feel the burn!
Ken: You just have that personality where you always smile and laugh.
We then headed over to the benching area where he made us to do this terrible balance quick calf killing thing. Over and over. Q of course was awesome; I blame his 8 pack abs on his ability to balance, do calf raises, and bicep curls all at the same time.
Q was pouring sweat and my legs and abs combo were alike to jell-o. We were plum tuckered out, but for me, still no sweat. He did EVERYTHING he could to make me sweat, and kept PUSHING ME, US. I think he believes me now.
Today I feel injured. At least SHE makes me smile. And the extra pounds...she was worth it.
20 comments:
Go you for rockin' your work out!
you have the greatest gift ever... no sweating. that's awesome. sounds like the workout of a lifetime.
wow...I can't believe you don't sweat! That is crazy! Thanks for coming by my blog! I am glad to have found yours!
so what is your little girls bday?!? Mine is may 18th...I bet they are right at the same age!
It takes a bit for me to sweat too!!! But I will eventually...you're so lucky.
too funny, nothing like a good challenge to give a personal trainer.
WOW! you are awesome...that workout sounds killer!!! I will never yes if someone approaches me at the gym for a "free" workout:-) And yes the extra pounds are worth it for the cute little kids we got out of it.
Wow! Sounds like you had a great workout! I'm starting to do the Boot Camp workouts on Monday and Weds at my gym. I think I'm crazy for signing up:) Have a great Friday!
amy[www.theprikazskys.com]
So funny! I sweat VERY easy, so the trainer would have quickly been pleased!
Holy Moly. Well, good for you!!
You must be superwoman cause I would have died right there.
that does not sound like fun to me at all. you are a brave woman. ill stick with my yoga and walking ;) and yes the guy annoyed me too that is why i turn the sound off everytime i go to the website. i downloaded the dates and they were all pdf's except date 5 which i didnt download. if that helps :)
i miss you la!
Wow - that sounds CRAZY. Good for you for living through that.
No sweating too... Wow. I sweat if I even look at an elliptical machine.
You are so lucky...first to be able to rock that workout, then for doing it all cute and dry. I am literally dripping with sweat everytime I workout and I hate it!
Wow, go you! Sounds like a toughie. And HOW do you NOT sweat?!?!
I was sweating just reading your post!
thanks for stopping by mine today..now I'm off to read more of yours! :)
Wow, I don't think I'd be able to move the next day... Gooner is precious. SO adorable!! I agree that kids are worth the weight, and the WORK it takes to get rid of it!! :)
Seriously? Are you SURE we can be friends?? ;) You go girl, that's all I gotsa say.
your work out hurt me! oh my goodness! I can't believe you weren't sweating! I would be covered by the 2nd part of the workout!
Poor girl! I am not much of a sweater either. But you are a tough cookie - I would have NEVER been able to do any of the stuff you did!!
Post a Comment