I've been reading loads of posts about the winter doldrums. It is blizzarding over in the East, raining here in the southwest and snowing up north. Either way, most of us are dreaming of tropical islands or at least a hot bath once the kids are in bed. What saves me during the winter months is my CORN SACK. Oh yes, I drag that thing to soccer games, hunting, and most of all I stick it in my sheets. It is a cloth bag, filled with corn (not the kind you pop, but feed corn) and sewn shut. You put it in the microwave for 3 to 4 minutes and out it comes...pure hot bliss. SO, we'd like to give one away. We'd like to warm up your life and well give away a corn bag, made by Gooner's Grandma. And you men out there, this is a perfect Valentine's gift IN ADDITION to chocolate or something.
So here we have Gooner modeling the blue with small flowers corn sack:
And here it is "displayed" on our antique dresser. I wasn't certain on how to display it and I'm wearing a sweatshirt and was not about to don it.
So, to enter all you have to do is leave a comment telling me your favorite thing about winter. If you'd like another chance to win, leave a separate entry telling me what you look forward to most about Spring/Summer. Thursday morning I'll let Gooner pick a winner!
*US residents only since I don't want to ship CORN to Hong Kong or something...
21 comments:
Ooh, this sounds niiiice.
Buuuuut, am I allowed to enter if I like NOTHING about winter? Snow, cold, slush - yeah, I despise it all. So basically, I could really use the corn :)
I could live in Alaska-I love winter and cold weather...especially now that my internal temperature is about 150 degrees being pregnant! LOL!
Girl, you crack me up! I like the little addendum you made sure to include about corn sacks IN ADDITION to chocolate. Man, it would do a fella any good to warm his wife up for V-Day if he doesn't have some chocolate too. I'm thinking a corn sack sounds like a much better alternative to wrapping a hot brick in a towel like the did in the Little House on the Prairie days. Though, if you ever were robbed in the night, you could always grab your hot brick and wield it like a makeshift sling and stone. I'm thinking it might be more effective than whopping an intruder over the head with a corn sack.
"Don't come near!" *WhAP* >corn goes flying everywhere<
Then again, it would be quite entertaining. Enter me in this giveaway for a Corn Sack/Anti-Home Invader Device.
What I like most about winter? It always comes to an END. Eventually.
Gooner is a great model!!
My favorite thing about winter (used to be) snuggling on the couch with Mike and watching a movie.
Oh, and for Spring, it's easily playing/walking outside and planting flowers...and trips to the beach.
I like Christmas and that's about all I can come up with, haha! I'm just glad winter doesn't last forever!
And no. I won't hate you if you make me even busier, I kind of like it. What good is a business if you're not busy, right? Thanks for the nice words!
First off your little girl is precious and thanks for stopping by my bloggy blog! Your blog is adorable and I am glad I found it! I hope you don't mind me following! I would love to read more!
My favorite part of winter would have to be playing in the snow with Kelcee, making snow angels and snowmen, drinking hot cocoa, and snuggling with the hubs and watching movies....
Have a great day
Summer :0)
Oh my! I love cornsacks!!! I almost stole one from my parents last time we were visiting, but alas they caught on to my scheming. So yes enter me!
My favorite thins about winter:
Makes me feel oh so nice during pregnancy. Sometimes, even when its 20* out I still wander out without a coat cause I'm so warm.
BUT the cornsack will be delightful for my lower back and all over back pain without the hassle of that stupid cord attached to it.
So yes. I.LOVE.CORNSACKS. enter me please :)
I want to win. Even if you don't like my show (but I'll agree that last week wasn't up to par with the previous weeks) and I LOVE Brothers and Sisters.
Favorite thing about winter... ummm....I like snow flurries and I have a real big thing for fires. (In fireplaces of course!)
Pigtails! She has pigtails! La, she is SO cute.
This is Hannah, by the way, not Zach
Ohh I like corn sacks. One time when I was getting my hair done, the stylist put one around my neck. It was very nice! I must say while your antique dresser is nice, Gooner makes a MUCH better model for it. :)
My favorite part of winter? Well, I'd say cuddling with A under warm sheets, BUT we don't have a corn sack to make the sheets warm...so...I guess I'll just have to say SOUP!!! Mmmm...yummy, warm, brothy, savory soup with lots of veggies and warm bread on the side.
What I look forward to most about about spring/summer is that my husband won't be a hibernating bear anymore and I'll have my new road bike so that he and I will be able to going riding together!! Yay!!
My fav thing about winter...when it is over:-) I am counting down the days until spring, and it is just too many.
Hey! Thanks so much for leaving a nice comment on my blog! Your baby is the cutest baby I have ever seen and an adorable blog layout! Love the corn in a bag idea, especially since it is so cold in TX right now :(
I love winter for two things - one you may not appreciate hearing, but here it goes. I love being stuck inside with a fire just lazing around. I also like not having to worry about shaving my legs. I will probably regret sharing that later. Oh well.
What I look forward to in Spring - EVERYTHING!! I love the feeling of rebirth, I love easter and I LOVE the colors of spring!
Years ago my Grandmother made me a corn sack and I have packed it along with me everywhere I've moved! Mine is much smaller than yours though, maybe 12x12, but I LOVE it!
I used to have a corn sack. It was AWESOME. However, it was lost in a move a few years ago. Super-sadness. I never got around to making a new one. So I'm entering the drawing.
My favorite thing about winter is when the snow falls slowly and lazily in big, wet flakes. This is best enjoyed with a boyfriend or husband because it's super-romantic. Also, I admit I like seeing my family during winter holidays. :)
As to the spring/summer, I look forward to wearing pajamas that are not heavy sweats and smelling one of those amazing late spring rains that seems to instantly "green" your surroundings and makes the air smell clean and fresh.
Oh I remember that thing!
My favorite thing about winter (which sadly, living in the South I don't get to do often), is to curl up on the couch, in front of a fire (preferably by a big window), with a cup of hot cocoa, tea, mulled cider, or coffee (depends on my mood) watching the snow and reading a good book. :-)
Post a Comment