Here she has on her bath robe. I love it. She's already ready for her own personal spa day!
Tuesday, January 5, 2010
On The Mend
Yesterday I had a fever. Today is MUCH better. I'm using my recuperation time to make baby food! Gooner has been eating a lot of sweet potatoes, squash, applesauce, and pears because that's all I've made. Today I am adding carrots, green peas, green beans, mangos, pumpkins, and prunes to her diet.
Currently the kitchen is a PIT, but I needed to sit down. I'm reminding myself that I'm supposed to be resting... And it is for that reason alone that I am taking a break before cleaning up the mess. In my opinion the easiest baby food to make is by far carrots. Buy organic, scrub em, cut em, steam em, and blend em. Done. They are easy clean and liquidy. And theeeeeeeeeeeeen we have prunes. I have gotten my recipes from www.wholesomebabyfood.com This part of the recipe - Prunes tend to become a gluey pasty consistency when pureed. - made me nervous, but I was up for the challenge. I plopped my pitted prunes into my steamer, waited til they felt done, and then put them in the food processor. Yuck. They became this huge lumpy sticky mass. Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh. So I added water, and more water and then some grape juice, and then MORE water. Oh dear. I finally found a consistency that I felt Gooner would tolerate and grabbed my little containers. STICKY. And they smelled, and I wonder after ALL THIS WORK if she'll even like them. But with this face...
Here she has on her bath robe. I love it. She's already ready for her own personal spa day!
Here she has on her bath robe. I love it. She's already ready for her own personal spa day!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
10 comments:
What do you mean? Her life is one big spa day!!!
Grandma
I sometimes think I could have done all that work, but with my patience level...nah - would've sent my blood pressure through the roof.
Love the bathrobe!
You are amazing making your own baby food. I'll totally have to call you for advice someday when I have a little one.
And I had a fever yesterday too. Slight one this morning when I got up, but I'm definitely functional today.
And thanks for you so much for your prayers for my friend.
Awe! Where did you find that teeny weeny bath robe! So cute! Sorry you've been sick, that is no fun :(
It's so great that you have been making your baby food, that is the BEST thing and I am sure Gooner really appreciates her Mommy's efforts!
Ellie loves punes, but we had to cut back on the amount that she was eating. They were cleaning her out!
Oh my word....Gooner in a bathrobe...I didn't think it could get any cuter....but, it just did! That is quite possibly the most adorable thing ever.
oh my goodness, she is adorable in that robe!! i loved making BabyBoy's baby food, I never did prunes=)! I can't wait to start making it for Next Edition, next week=) hope you're feeling better
That is the sweetest picture! Her little bath robe is so cute!
love it!
That robe is adorable on her!!
Post a Comment