and I've got cleaning to do. I TRY to stay on top of things. I do. Mondays I clean the bathroom and Fridays I do laundry and stuff like that, buuuuuuuuuuut the nitty gritty needs dealt with. For example, Gooner's room. EVERYONE likes to see the baby's room. And of course, OF COURSE, her air freshner ran out last week. I'm NOT a big fan of the baby poop smell, but I have a baby and well, an air freshner is a must. I use Bath and Body Works Odor Eliminating Wall Flowers in Fresh Cotton. There is always the wayward Baby Oragel and the few pacifiers she no longer needs but I have yet to throw away. All this to say, even though I clean weekly her room always needs a little work. From the discarded stuffed dog, to the pants that sadly no longer fit, there is always something that needs picked up. Before Gooner, Q and I always had our apartment company ready. Things are, as I've mentioned before, different now. BUT, it isn't her fault! She's 8 months old!
Yet somehow she always has something that I need to put away. And where do you store diapers and wipes? I can't keep them in the closet because you NEVER know when that LAST wipe will appear right in the middle of a blowout diaper. Her room tends to get cluttered despite all my attempts at order. Does anyone else have trouble with the baby's room??? Or any room in particular?
10 comments:
yes! I have problems in the "guest bedroom" that serves as both my closet and office. Homework is usually strewn about, and I take naps in there so sometimes the bed is unruly, and the laundry is usually mostly clean, but it takes me time to get it all totally folded or hung in color coordinated order in the actual closet, so its basically a big collection room. Problem too, because I can't study very well in a mess like that.
Kids room are always magnets for clutter. Just wait til they are older, they accumulate SO much more. My solution has always been bins, baskets, or shelving units. Anything to keep things organized.
having guests over is fun, but stressful!
just shove it all under her bed. I just got some cute new fabric storage bins at Targ for Molly girls room. I really likey.
http://www.target.com/s/178-8453464-8052949?_encoding=UTF8&search-alias=tgt-index&keywords=fabric%20pink%20storage%20bins&searchSize=30&ref=sr_bx%5F1%5F1&searchView=grid5&searchNodeID=1038576&searchPage=1&searchRank=target104545
I LOVE to organize...I would SO do it for you if we lived closer. ;)
I say storage bins, shelving, baskets...closet? ha.
We always just keep one thing of wipes out, until it starts getting low, then we get the new one out and ready "just in case".
Oh yes, the baby poop smell. I recently went out and bought a diaper pail because I couldn't stand it anymore, but unfortunately its not helping much. Even with the scent blocking blahdy blah blah. I keep everything in the closet in the Q's room. And yes, I've been wipeless before, and it was not fun, but it wasn't so bad I've changed my ways. :P
This is my favorite Gooner picture!! So sweet!
Anymore I have trouble with every room! The girls room gets so messy and they don't even play in there - it is a mystery. Everyone in the family seems to deposit stuff whereever.
It's hard to always stay on top of things, but I do! It's constant work. I do laundry as soon as there is enough to do a full load. I store diapers and wipes in a cute little bin that matches Ellie's bedding tucked into a corner of her room somewhat out of sight.
Actually, Alex's room stays really neat. I don't know why. & I don't use a Diaper Genie or anything, I have storage bags with a seal locked zipper and they keep the odors at bay. I just use the smallest size possible and throw them in the baggies immediately - I know that's the expensive route, but I can't handle a smelly room or a smelly anything for that matter. ;-)
hahah i am having new friends come over this sunday and i am cleaning like crazy!
Post a Comment