Gooner is REALLY affected by caffeine. She always has been. I am no longer addicted to caffeine. That stopped, oh last year. She used to bebop around the womb, kicking, punching, and headbutting my ribs - thank you very much my breach baby. Anyway, I haven't been able to sip caffeine for well over a year now, so the blank look in my eye, before my brew, is gone. Phew. BUT, that doesn't mean this Christmas season that I haven't wanted a pick - me - up. Oh I have; believe me. Sometimes when I'm scooping into the filter basket HEAPING spoonfuls of decaf, I want - oh how I want - to add a scoop of the other canister. I want to be bright eyed and oh so bushy tailed. But I don't. Instead I wait for my workout high. As my daughter sleeps I crack open my Bible and pull out my devotional book. Due to my calm, decaffeinated spirit, I believe the Lord speaks to me a little more CLEARLY than when I am bouncing off walls.
The new year is coming y'all! Are you starting any new Bible Studies? Do you work through a topic, book of the Bible.... or do you do a devotional a day, 365 studies in one book kinda thing?
7 comments:
When is her baby shower? I don't even know about it! So out of the loop. :)
Funny that you mention coffee.. I had a latte this morning and now I feel sick ...not sure if it's the caffeine or the sugar... ick!
I don't have a 365 devotional or anything and I'm horrible about reading The Bible. But, I'm hoping to do better this year and maybe find some type of devotional to help me along.
Yeah...I have thought about the coffee deprivation I am going to have. I don't want to have it while breastfeeding or Connor will probably NEVER sleep! I haven't started any new Bible studies, I would really like to start doing a chapter a day and make it through the entire Bible this year and just go over everything again...you can never read the Bible too much!
I received a 365 day Bible study for Christmas - so I'll be going through that - & decaf...as well :-)
Oh little Gooner. Caffeine makes me all jittery and unpleasant (well, coffee does. I guess latte's and Dr. Pepper don't).
I want to do the Beth Moore Esther study this year and to be better about reading My Utmost for His Highest or Streams in the Desert for a daily study in 2010.
Good for you! Quitting coffee has been one of the hardest things for me, this pregnancy. I was seriously crabby those first few days of 'no brew'. :) I'm over it now, and coffee doesn't even really SMELL good to me. I do still have caffeine occasionally, but I don't NEED it. That's a good feeling!
Ohhh, quitting (the good, ie caffeinated!) coffee was the hardest. But, I managed. I rejoiced the day we quit breastfeeding because 1.) I could wear a real bra and 2.) I resumed drinking (the good) coffee. It's all about priorities in life! :P
My favorite way to read the Bible is to sit down and pray before I open it up. Let the holy spirit lead and he's always sure to send you in the right direction! :)
Thanks for stopping by my blog, your little Gooner is a DOLL!
Post a Comment