"Um, thanks?" I said. Maybe the nurse forgot I'd recently delivered? Oh wait, that can't be true since Gooner sat right beside me in her carrier.
Working out today was pretty rough. My legs felt wiggly and the gym was overly hot. After what felt like forever on the elliptical I checked my time. To my chagrin I'd only completed 12 minutes. WHAT? That can't be right, it must be 12 minutes REMAINING. But no. I'd completed a mere 12 minutes, had rubbery legs, and sweaty pits to show for it. I made it to 50 minutes before Q came over and recruited me for some triceps pushdown and dips.
I loved all the comments from y'all. I appreciate that she doesn't LOOK like a boy. I guess I should just get used to the fact that hairbows and pink don't really matter; people will say whatever they think. There is a difference between blunt and tact. The general population fails to understand this concept as well.
4 comments:
good for you for doing 50 minutes!
My exam is next week. Since I had, umm female problems before having children, I don't mind going. I sort of look forward to seeing my favorite midwife. Of course, I also get to visit the friends I haven't seen in two months...and maybe my old coffee shop.
Hun, I don't know how you manage to take it. Rude, rude things are said to you. I'd have killed that nurse with a death glare, I'm sure of it.
Lol though, I completely agree that an annual should not be required within the year of a child. There's gotta be time built up from those experiences that you can cash in to avoid it!
Even if it was only 12 minutes, it was 12 MINUTES. You listened to your body and were still doing something positive.
I hate going to that doctor....in nursing school we wanted to steal a speculum and decorate it like a bird
don't you think they look like a bird with a big beak?
i'm just saying!
Post a Comment