Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Eyelashes and Day 2 of working out 365

Gotta tell ya ladies, it is difficult to be completely honest with myself AND Q about my weight. He is my accountability partner. In order to be honest about my weight, Q and I headed to Bed Bath and Beyond to pick up a scale. I wanted a digital one, and I did NOT want it to talk to me. I did not want a glass scale as it is too hard to clean off feet smudges. I also didn't want one where the needle falls somewhere between two itty bitty lines allowing me AMPLE fudge room. I want accuracy, no if and or buts about it! So we chose our scale and headed to checkout. Gooner was wearing an orange onesie with a pink seahorse on the front, a pink hair bow, AND holding a pink giraffe. As we were paying, the cashier leans over and says, "Wow! Your SON has such long eye lashes!"

SERIOUSLY?

If I had a son he would not be wearing what Gooner was wearing. END OF STORY.

Upon arrival at home, Q put batteries in our super high tech scale and we each took turns stepping on it. I even convinced Gooner to take a step...



Day 2: I tracked my calories folks! Today Q and I spent 45 minutes at the gym working abs and legs.

If you care to vote.


8 comments:

Sassytimes said...

Good for you!

People just don't pay attention. <---that's me trying to be nice. ;)

~M~ said...

Her weigth must have shown up as CUTE haha

The Mommy said...

Gooner doesn't look like a boy! It does NOT matter what babies wear, someone always guesses the sex wrong!

Jackie said...

Way to go!

P.S. Gooner is the cutest little girl ever and if people think she is a boy, they need their eyes checked.

leah @maritalbless said...

Lol at "I did NOT want it to talk to me."

There's no confusing Gooner for a boy, that's just craziness.

Nice work on the calorie tracking!

Unknown said...

I'm aghast. I don't know who these people are who think your daughter is a boy.

Kelley said...

silly people!

Anonymous said...

She definitely looks like a she. Ding bat people. Anyways, I want a digital scale too - for the same reasons. Those little lines are hard to read and I want to know exactly what I weigh. I forsee a trip to the store soon.