Tuesday, November 3, 2009

It's Time Folks

It is time to face reality! It is.


How long can you blame your weight gain, current weight, ever widening hips and lalala on the baby, nursing, and (insert crutch)? I was waiting until Gooner was 6 months old to get on track but that is ridiculous. I may not drop the pounds as quickly as I would like, and I need to be smart as I AM nursing Gooner, BUT this is just not going to cut it.

Earlier I mentioned possibly participating in 365 days of Grace. Well, I am going to do 365 Days of Working Out. GASP. In all honesty none of us should gasp at this; the Lord DID create our bodies to be active. We've become lazy. Lax. Complacent. I've picked up some bad habits with pregnancy and nursing. I snack more, and my snacks are not always nutritious. For example. I DID in fact make those Banana Nut Muffins. I also ate 4 of them. I did not eat all 4 for breakfast but I DID snack on a couple more throughout the day. We had honeydew, plum, blood oranges, carrots - you name it - all ready for me as healthy options. Instead of grabbing a super healthy yummy snack I grabbed a buttery muffin. I knew better. I did. I still do. I promise. But you are what you eat and currently my thighs do look more like muffins then slim celery. I've been working out 5 to 6 days a week, but my snacking and meal portions are killing me. Literally. This is NOT what Christ intended: 1 Corinthians 6:19

I am committing to work out 365 days. This doesn't mean going to the gym, doing a workout video or a walk every single day. I can kick the ball at a park with Q, go on a hike, or even walk in a mall for hours... The point is activity. The goal is health and skinnier jeans. By Q's next birthday I WILL be healthier and look better! Would you like to join?

Today:

Walked 2 miles pushing Gooner in her stroller. The sun was setting, the air was cool,and I felt at peace. It was during this walk that 365 Days of Working Out worked came to fruition.


4 comments:

Mo said...

I really like it. I still have 7lbs from Colt & now I'm almost 1/2 way through with baby number 2. I have to make a concious effort to eat better. You've inspired me. Thank ya darlin.

Leigh said...

You go girl!! I actually started this about one month ago! Meaning, I decided to work out every day. So far, so good! I feel great...I still have so far to go, but without saying "I want to lose "x" lbs in "x" days, it frees you up to just keep staying active and see where you end up!

Jackie said...

Good for you! I know you will be successful!

Kelley said...

you can totally do it!