You are supposed to kick the ball. Gooner likes to kick the ball, then grab it with her feet, and pass it to her hands. It is so cute. She doesn't quite understand all the rules of soccer, i.e: handball, but she's learning!
Last night Q, Gooner, and myself at a friend's house. We were invited to dinner. Late. I ended up feeling bad because come 8:00pm Gooner turns into a pumpkin and yearns for her bed. She loves sleep. I am so thankful but I didn't know what to do. They offered their bed, upstairs for her to sleep on while we played cards; we politely declined. Gooner tends to get a little terrified if she falls asleep in our arms only to wake up in a strange bed surrounded by pillows and no mom or dad in sight! What do YOU do when you and your little one are invited out?

13 comments:
what a sweet picture! and i have no advice for you, but i can't wait to catch up on your blog!
AWWW!!!!! She gets cuter and cuter with every post :)
you ate a house??? haha! ;)
That's tough.. We've been out a couple of times when it was Kyah's bedtime, I usually stick her in her car seat and swap her into her bed when we get home and it has worked for us!
My in laws had that toy...Sophia LOVED that ball and still does (we took it off the play mat).
When she was a baby, we would take a pack n play or our friends would already have one set up for us. We would take a few familiar items of hers...blanket, toy, etc. with us to put her down with. She always slept with a sound machine too, so we would turn that on for her. We just tried to keep her bedtime routine similar, so it wasn't that different to her. Then, when it was time to go, just scoop her up into the carseat.
If she would sleep in her carseat, you could do that too. Might be easier.
The Book Thief is good...it's an older book...maybe 2006? Written from death's viewpoint.
We never go out!! Maggie & Ellie both like THEIR beds. It makes vacations a lot of fun!!
Now that P's a little older...he can stay up later if we're at a friend's house, but then it makes for a crabby morning the next day. ;o) We usually have people over to OUR house. They understand, since no one else in the group has kids...this way we can put P to bed, and then play Settler's! ;o) It's a win-win...
I abosolutely love this picture...she has got to be one of the cutest things ever...those arms, those cute toes, that cute nose...I know I don't tell you often enough, but sure do miss you and Q! My parents took my older sister everywhere, but then I came along and was the problem child that ended up causing them to have to have friends over to our house if they wanted to hang out. Or you could just ask to make it a more early of an evening, which might be hard to do when the invitation is coming from others, but I would hope most people would be understanding enough to know that messing with an infant's sleep schedule is hazardous to the parents' health as well!
So cute! LD had that same mat but she always kicked the ball off so we didn't use it with AL.
I have no advice. But I do think Gooner is ADORABLE!!!!!!!! Also, I love you!
That is freaking adorable! I love that she kicks and is developing her hand eye coordination . . . I only have the hand foot lol.
We also decline and usually go home early.
Joanna had the same floor mat but she never figured out the kicking part. How fun!
You mention one of the hardest parts of parenthood for us...invitations out at night. We typically ask if the evening can start sooner and typically leave early so J can get to bed. We do have 1 night a week where she can stay out later than bedtime...but that only buys us 1/2 hour. We also try to flip the invite if they don't have kids so we can still hang out later and J can sleep in her own bed.
We did all of the above: take the pack-n-play with us and a few choice items (mainly the blanket) if we thought it would be a really late night, go to a quiet room and put baby to sleep in car seat if it would only be an hour or so, and then the ol' invite people over and put baby to bed and stay as long as you want! It all depends on the friend and the occasion. But never did we stop going out. It was our only sanity! :) Mer
Thanks for all the advice!
Post a Comment