The use of Photoshop is widely over used. I don't edit, color, Photoshop, change, blah blah blah, my photos. Really folks it's all about the good stuff, and capturing a moment in time. It is one moment, captured, that you will NEVER have back again. If it weren't for that photo, you might not remember that moment. As for Gooner, I never mess with her photos because I LOVE the way she looks. I don't want to make fences browner to match her brown eyes and I don't want to paint backgrounds to bring out the fake/vivid colors of her face. I appreciate blogs where a photo is just a photo - a cute wonderful memory captured by "Mom." Sometimes I'll read a blog and be like REALLY? REALLY? I don't think anyone's eyes are that blue...er purple? It just seems fake. I do find it intriguing when folks Photoshop light in storms bringing out lightning or age photos just for the heck of it, but when it comes to your kids, do you really need to change them?
The photo above was taken by me while Q, carrying Gooner in her baby jeep, and I started running for the car to outrun the rain.

7 comments:
I LOVE this post, because I feel exactly the same way. Photography is my art, and I don't ever like to do anything to them, it's either a good shot or it's not.
I want my photos to be organic, maybe that's because all my photography courses were in film.
But anyway, love it!
Wow, what a great photo!!!
I only edit pictures when I feel the need. Like, the one I posted today, my face was SHINY, so edited it some, to make me not look like a teenager. LOL Otherwise, no editing. Also, I don't know how to do that fancy smancy stuff like making my eyes purple! lol
Great picture!
I completely agree with you! That being said . . . I totally edited my pictures from my sessions this weekend because I felt like they didn't look professional . . .
I think you are really good at taking pictures. I also think Gooner is much too cute to change.
I admit it: I love photo editing software. Honestly, I mostly use it to make the picture more like the "real" thing- to take the yellow out of indoor lighting, and lighten the shadows my camera puts in when I take a backlit photo. I love the ability to make the picture more like the reality, because cameras make a lot of mistakes.
But I also shamelessly use professional editing software and photo filters to enhance or change photos- to make this one more fairy-ish, or that one more playful and vivid. And I actually erased some people standing behind us in one of our family pictures. It was awesome.
Post a Comment