Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Brown Eyes

Dearest Blogger Friends,

I have been neglecting you lately. I assume your blogs show up on my reader, but I don't know for sure...I'm never there. Remember back when I mentioned that Starbucks had given me the opportunity to extend my leave and then transfer to a store here in Texas? Well, I appreciated ALL the advice you guys gave me, and decided that I'd pick up a few shifts a week. To be honest, it is a love hate relationship. I've enjoyed working, and I love the feeling once I get home and see my girl. I work VERY early in the morning, allowing me to only miss her sleeping hours, and a mere one or two of her awake. That being said, working 20 hours a week means I now have 20 less hours to love on my husband and love on my girl. And not much can compete with this...



So if you haven't seen my comments, noticed a severe lack of posting, and lalala, you can blame it on a few changes in my life. I'm learning how quickly one can pump in ten minutes - in a Starbucks bathroom - as well as how to balance work and family.  I didn't decide to work because I needed to get out of the house, or needed value outside of being a Mom. We as a family decided that I would work because we want to live and remain debt free. Stabucks allows me to work in the morning and come home before Q even heads to work. I will never, or most likely will not, have this opportunity again. So much has happened in your lives and I can't wait to catch up with all of you!


12 comments:

Jessica said...

Those are perfect hours for you and your family. Congrats on taking this opportunity!

Lori Darlin' said...

I'm glad you have a good reason for being gone :-) I was getting worried.

Adie said...

This is a similar reason for my "slump". I hope thigs smooth out for you. As I am sure they will! I am glad you had such a great opportunity.

Courtney said...

Sounds like a pretty sweet deal, I'm glad something so perfect for your priorities was available. =)

Sassytimes said...

Take your time getting back to blogging....spend your time with hubby and that adorable baby first. ;)

Leigh said...

She's a gorgeous baby!! Good luck transitioning and we'll all still be here when you come back!

The Mommy said...

I've missed you, but yo know I totally understand. Mike & I are trying to evaluate what we're going to do in the future. Lots of tough decisions to make.

Anonymous said...

Awesome for you.
Doesn't Starbucks offer healthcare for PTers too? Boy I could use me some healthcare right about now.

It sounds like you've got the perfect set up for you and your family.

Heather @ Simple Wives said...

I'm glad they gave you a schedule that you could work with!! I need something like that! ;-)

ms. mindless said...

la, i have been so busy too and haven't commented in forever. i saw that face in my google reader and my heart melted. seriously. i know i say this ALL the time, but OMG you have the most precious little one on the planet.

Unknown said...

Good for you! Sounds like this job is a good fit for your entire family. It's awesome that you are aiming to continue to live debt-free. We are striving to be debt free-it's way exciting to pay things off!! Praise the Lord!

Kelley said...

i'm so happy that it's a schedule you can work out with Q! I have no idea what we will do once we start having babies!