Saturday, October 3, 2009

Sunshades and Soccer



This is Gooner's Munchkin Sunshade. The "White Hot Heat Alert" ALWAYS indicates that it is hot out.  This is oh so helpful since we DO live in Texas and it is très sunny. It has actually been cooling down, like down to the fifties! This is GREAT weather for sleeping, and for drinking coffee.

I've joined 24 Hour fitness and have been ellipticalling with the best of them. It is fun to work out with Q; we used to work out together in DC and it is really nice to have something from the past. Don't get me wrong. Gooner has made our family all the more better by her mere existence - much less her awesome personality - but moving to a new place is hard.

Q was invited to try out for yet another soccer team. It was interesting to say the least. Ninety percent of the team were Punjab Indians. Not a problem right? Welllllll...Q doesn't speak Hindi and they did... It was annoying and rainy and Q made the team. And then he turned down the offer to play with them. We shall see, but we were SO looking forward to soccer in the Fall and I think it might not happen. That is ok because maybe I can convince Q to get surgery on his toe, I don't know.

This isn't a super exciting post. I'm not about to post a picture of what I am wearing; Sooner T Shirt and Army patterned Capri's. I haven't tried any new and amazing products - trying to save money. Our family has been busy with life, and well, it's a pretty great life. Gooner is growing, thriving, giggling, being sweet and wonderful. Q helped the folks lay sod. Sod always makes me think of Soddy's and Laura Ingalls Wilder. Did they have Soddy's in Texas? If they did the Texan's would have eaten with scorpions and fire ants. I would say I've digressed, but I really haven't. I mean, I started off talking about a sun shade...


4 comments:

katie said...

LOL!! Love this post :)

You are so awesome!

Anonymous said...

That's a cool sun shade. :)

Girl, if you start posting about what you're wearing... I might have to leave LOL I dislike those blogs :)

leah @maritalbless said...

HAH! This post is very reflective of my thought process lol.

Bummer on the team and/or lack of fall soccer. Fall is my favorite season of soccer . . .

The Mommy said...

I love sleeping and drinking coffee when it starts getting cooler. I'm with you, it is nice to have something from the past. My "new" baby is great, but sometimes I get a craving for something from our old life.