Saturday, September 5, 2009

Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow.



Here stands Q and I (and Gooner inside my belly in the huge yellow coat), in the middle of a Virginia snow storm. My classes were canceled. It was a great day. I love winter. Will I love winter with a baby? I can't imagine Gooner will enjoy all the bundling. Hmmmmmm. What is YOUR favorite season?



10 comments:

Jess said...

HUSKER season!! Actually, today is the season opener for Nebraska, so all the excitement around Lincoln is football, football, football. On a more serious note, I truly love fall. The weather is beautiful, harvest time, pumpkin patch time, crisp evenings, bonfires, my birthday, football and my husband and I celebrate our anniversary! Love it!

Clarissa said...

Fall. September and October, though I'm not sure about CO. I hear the seasons part is pretty much summer and winter. We'll see.

Jimmy said...

I do love winter. even though its cold. It's still a great time.

beckylbranch said...

I love winter too! And this is a great picture...unfortunately we don't get any snow here in Texas, except on a RARE occasion!

Mo said...

I love fall first. Swearshirts/Jeans and college football. THEN Winter. I love the quiet sound after a snowfall. I feel like God speaks to me most in the winter for that reason...or maybe because I listen most in winter. the summer. then spring.

Q, La, and Gooner said...

My favorites are as follows:

Fall- amen to the sweatshirt and jeans ( I can't wait to take Gooner to an orchard and pumpkin patch)
Winter - Mo is correct, LOVE the quietness of it all and I fully agree with your sentiment.
Spring - I love the smell. the dirt. the flowers. it is all good.
Summer - which I don't see much purpose for. The only reason God made summer is for a more full, and rounded appreciation for the cooler weather of fall.

Melissa said...

I just wanted to say thanks for the input on my reading post. I'll have to look into those books you told me about. I have thought of looking at a library, but I really havent taken the time to find one near me yet. Guess I need to!

Anonymous said...

We love summer here. Mainly for the beach. And perennials. And open windows. And clotheslines. The list goes on.

leah @maritalbless said...

I'm scared about Isaac in MN winters . . . I love fall!

Anonymous said...

I'm not a huge fan of snow, but a few days of it around Christmas is always nice. Fall has always been my favorite...can't wait until the leaves start to change!!