Friday, August 7, 2009

For the love of weights...

During my lean machine days I worked out with the tennis team at 24-Hour Fitness. No, I did not play tennis, buy my roomie did; so I got a complimentary pass. The workouts kicked my butt and I lost the Freshman 15 instead of gaining it. Then I discovered the art of running and began that as well as weight training. I THEN moved to DC and ran.

Q has been lifting for the past ten years, and you can tell. Rain, shine, or whatever, when 4 AM rolls around Q is rolling out of bed. If he doesn't work out he gets, shall we say, agitated... While living in DC he worked out at Results. It didn't go well. As you know, Q is straight - he married me - and Results attracted a lot of gay guys. Therefore Q became prey and well, he wasn't interested in that.

Meanwhile, Q and I fell madly in love and realized that we both liked to work out. So we joined Gold's Gym as a happy couple. We then married. I became pregnant with Gooner and froze my account as lifting weights is not baby conducive. And then we moved.

Here enters 24 Hour Fitness, again. Q joined as soon as we moved to Texas. I did not - I think you can figure out why. ALL this to say, I think it is about time for this happy couple to work out together again. I've always been a solo runner, but I like to go to the gym with Q. It's a special thing for us, staying fit and all that jazz.

I've been working out at home. I'm seeing some results and have lost an additional 3 pounds. Yeppers, you read that right... But I'd really like to join Handsome at the gym.

Do you work out with your husband/significant other? Is health and fitness important to both of you or just one? Oh, and does your husband/significant other know how much you weigh?

Do you think Q knows how much I weigh?


12 comments:

Heather @ Simple Wives said...

I think we need to start working out together. Right now, I just work out at home.

Leigh said...

That's one of the things that I love about my husband. I NEVER worked out before but he's an athelete and it's a big part of his life. So almost two years ago we started working out together and he just opened my eyes to how good it feels. We also try to do more active things like play tennis, etc.

I kept up with the gym for most of my pregnancy but it's been a couple of months now since I've gone and I miss working out so much! For most of my life, I never thought I'd say that!!

Anonymous said...

Well, we tried working out together but with our different schedules (read: I go to bed early and he likes to work out at night), it didn't work out well. I hate going to the gym alone, so I just don't go (I know, I know). Which in turn, makes him not go - he needs me to make him go. But, that all being said, we do run together. He runs with me on the days that I don't run with my group. So that's two days a week for him, which is better than nothing. Maybe he'll pick up the gym on the days I run with the group (since he refuses to run in a group).

Eating healthy...I'm more strict than he is.

And, of course he knows how much I weigh. But, that's because I tell him all the time!! LOL I say, hey I lost 5 pounds, I'm now down to... But, I have no idea what his exact weight is, I just know a range!

Adie said...

Yay 3 pounds!! We are members of the Y and hubby prefers the one way down south by his office and I like the one by our house. He once went to a yoga class with me though. But we both try to make sure the other gets their workout in. I also coach volleyball at the Y and my 13 year old is on my team so she and I do that together. 3 year old likes to go on walks. I wish we did more stuff together but we just dont. Congrats on the weightloss!

Mo said...

My hub works out at the fire station when he's there. I go to a gym on my own. I sound like 'gym person' but don't be fooled I only joined two weeks ago : )haha! He will join after he's done going to paramedic school and then we'll go together but thats another year away and i'm crossing my finger to be pregnant and popping by then. So there ya go. We've tried to run together before but he can walk backwards as fast and I can run. MEH.

Anonymous said...

We used to run together a few days a week, but as time went by, we quit running.

Now we both have memberships at Gold's and go together about as often as we go at it alone.

I switch off between going to the gym or using my EA Sports Fitness Trainer/Wii Fit. It's nice to work out together, but it's also nice to use that workout for a little 'me time'.

As far as the weight...he's always thought that I weigh less than I do. Luckily, I am tall and muscular, so I wear it well! :)

beckylbranch said...

Way to go on working out girl! I do NOT work out with Terence because I don't like to be told what to do constantly...I'm a better worker outer if I am alone and by myself with my ipod! LOL!

Unknown said...

Zach does PT at work, so we've never worked out. But when we were in Hawaii, I would go running before he came home from PT, so at least we were working out at the same time...

Anonymous said...

DH and I used to work out when his schedule was a little easier and we talk all the time about getting back to it even if it means going to the gym a little later! I love that you are going to work out with Q!
congratulations on your weight loss thought, YAY!!!!!

Anonymous said...

He def knows your weight :) even I do :p

Kelley said...

I just need to start working out! When we move into the new house, we will have an awesome gym that is included in our HOA dues! Can't wait to use it!

leah @maritalbless said...

I wish Tony and I could lift together. In our relationship, I'm the one who loves to lift and I just don't have time! :(