
Q and I will begin blogging a little bit about our lives abroad; where we've lived, places we've visited... We have had AMAZING opportunities abroad and I LOVE looking back. Hopefully soon we can look forward to a life abroad?
Can you find me in the photo? Yah, I WAS that tiny BEFORE Gooner came a callin'... And remember Clarissa, the amazing roomie from Russia, that's her in the black on my right. And let's not talk about my hair ok...
First off, my friends and I are standing IN the Gulf of Finland.

Our class took a field trip to St. Petersburg, Russia. A couple of us spear headed an idea...let's walk to the gulf of Finland. Let me tell ya, it was cold. Freezing. That's why I am leaning.... we were all screaming to TAKE THE SHOT. For the love. As an American in Russia, things weren't so easy on us. In fact, I was regularly spat upon, and due to many beatings in our city, we were encouraged to only speak Russian while out and about. I have blondish hair, blue eyes and look Scandinavian. THANK YOU LORD, because in their eyes I did not look American. I also spoke Russian, so they said, with a Finnish accent. So this was a common conversation:
"Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, tebya Finlandia?" asked a random Russian.
"Nyet, ya Amerikanka." says I.
I've been speaking a little Russian to Gooner, but she likes the sound of French better. In honour of bettering my French, please scroll to the bottom of this site where you will find a French word and sentence of the day.
ps. When this Mom gets a little more time she will let you know about that ole umbrella.

7 comments:
I am so excited to hear of your adventures! I love traveling.
Let me just say how glad I am to have you back in the good ole U S of A.
I love you guys.
Mom
Wow, you lucky bum! :) No wonder you an dyour hunny buns know people all over the globe!
That was one of my favorite experiences. Still I'm not quite sure how as it was cold, scary (remember the broken glass) and over quickly. I think maybe it was the exhilaration of discovery and "togetherness". It was also such an un-Russian thing to do.
How fun, I adore taking adventures!!
I would love to live in another country!
OMW...that is too cool! :) Fun picture!
Post a Comment