Thursday, August 6, 2009

Dog in the house!

This past week we SUCCESSFULLY babysat - avec Gooner - a house, three dogs, one cat, and a lizard. It was insane. First off, I'm not too keen on having animals in the house and certainly NOT that many!!! It rained just about all week here in Texas, causing the animals to play in the mud. Yuck. I captured a couple pics of the "family" dynamics:

Pitiful faces wanting to come in.




Even the cat got tired of the rain... go figure.






And the fight is on!



Who won best seat in the house?



We are glad to be home. What is your take on animals in the house?


11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Big, fat NO! I hate having animals in the house. Now, a cat.. I don't think I'd mind too much. Maybe. But dogs are too much work!!! I'm SO ready for Bear to go back outside. I'm praying that when he goes back to the Vet on Monday, he'll be moving back outdoors. *fingers crossed*

The Mommy said...

I can't stand it!!

beckylbranch said...

ha...ha..! Well, we used to have a kitty and a Boxer doggy, but now with having a baby I would say NO to animals because I think it would be madness with animals and a baby!

Jessica said...

I don't think my house feels like a home without my animals. I have 2 dogs, a guinea pig and a frog. I'm a total neat freak though and people have told me that if they didn't see my dogs, they'd never know I had them. I keep them contained when we have people over because I know not everyone loves animals like I do.

Suz said...

Well, my dogs are my pre-baby children.. now that I have Kyah, I feel a little differently about them, but still love them and they aren't getting the boot!

That is too funny, cats are sassy! Poor weiner dog! :)

Anonymous said...

The house feels lonely whenever our pooch isn't around. I'm ok with pups in the house as long as owners have boundaries. I'm not a fan of allowing animals on furniture, though. After they roll around outside, the last place I want them is curling up where I'm about to. Who knows what they've been playing with outside. haha

Adie said...

I am not a big animal person. But I hate the hair all over the house. Also our neighbors do not keep their cats in their house so they hang out in my yard and stare at us through the french doors in the backyard they also poop in my yard so I would prefer they kept their animals in their house.

Kate said...

I love reading all the different opinions on animals! I honestly don't see how people can leave their dogs outside ;)

Clarissa said...

I have to cast my vote against animals in the house. I am allergic to cats...so death-bearing beasts of the sort may not cohabitate. I am not much for nurturing, so a dog isn't a great idea. I also don't like cleaning up urine, feces, slobber, hair, etc., unless I am assured that it will eventually grow up and learn to talk with me. And last, but not least, the smell of pet food makes me want to gag. Fighting the gag two plus times a day is more than I can deal with.

~M~ said...

Watching cats and dogs together is always funny!!

Anonymous said...

I agree with Clarissa. In every way. In addition - having animals that lick themselves in all places come to me and put that disgusting tongue on my skin makes me just about want to puke.

M