
Clarissa was my roommate in Russia. We were shot at together. Lost in Moscow together. Sang Bolshoy Nyet together. Danced together. Learned Russian side by side. Drank tea 8 times a day and worked on NOT slipping on the ice.Went through the following hard stuff together... Witnessed a beating together. Saw dead bodies together. Saw dead cats frozen in the Russian tundra together, and said goodbye to an amazing country.. the list goes on. (sorry to be morbid, but it is through the hard times that you cling to those closest...you need them).
She lives in Iowa. She works on a Living History Farm. We couldn't NOT stop by and surprise her. I also couldn't resist the picture next to the GIANT wooden corn cob. She's awesome.
11 comments:
lol... wood corn is funny.
yeah. you can always stop by the brokins.com to comment. we hope you follow our mommyhood stories, they are pretty fun!
Oh my gosh! You do have to tell us why you were in Russia and seeing such things!!!
I love how Gooner is snuggling into her. Like she KNOWS you two are close friends. Adorable.
I wish I knew somebody who worked at a living history farm...what stories they'd have to tell! =). Love the pictures of the trip. And, yes, you should have an installment of your time in Russia. I'd enjoy hearing the stories again.
I can't shake the impression that your beautiful daughter looks exactly like a precious moments figurine! She's so adorable!
I agree with Shannon and I'd love to hear any russia stories! That sounds very cool and it sounds like you have a wonderful friend there!
Laura,
I am so honored to be in your blog...and holding Gooner! I really love you (and her). I'm also really glad you're the person I spent my crazy time in Russia with.
you probably bond a bit more with friends when you do more that laugh, which is about all i do with my friends. not quite as exciting though!
http://randommusingsfrommypov.com
How great to see old friends! I can't wait to hear about Russia now! What an experience it sounds like you have!
That is so nice you got to see a good friend! Russia sounds scary :P I don't think I'll be going there anytime soon!
Oh wow! How fun and interesting! I'm glad you got to see her again.
Post a Comment