Saturday, June 6, 2009

Date Night Tonight


Handsome and I are going on a date tonight; I'm so excited! I do believe that Q and I need this. It really is a big step to go from "just us" to "us three." It is perfect, wonderful, and more than I ever imagined; but still... I miss just being with my man. The first week of her life was crazy insane as we tried to figure things out. We moved to Texas. Q got a new job. We have a daughter... Ahhhhhhhhhh. But we've been taking it in stride, wonderful stride. Things are mellowing out now that I've fully bonded with my daughter. And oh do we love her. I don't think Q and I were prepared for just how much love we would have for this bundle of joy! I am so in love with my husband; the love I have for our daughter is just different. Gooner is not the glue that keeps this family together, but she sure has made it better! That being said, my husband needs some time with ALL of my attention, and I can't wait to give it. I want him to reach across the booth, hold my hands, look deep into my eyes, all while I'm NOT worrying if Lil' Miss Gooner is doin' ok. I'm such a romantic and though I see him every day, I miss my husband. And after a few hours of us, we will hurry back to Grandpa and Grandma's, stoop over the bassinet, and feast our eyes on our daughter that we've missed.

BUT, before our date can you guess what we are going to do? You can't? Silly you. We are going on a hike! A REAL one. I'm so excited for the three of us to go! We will take pictures!

Thanks to everyone! You all were so sweet after the whole "you look 5 months preggo" statement. It really was great to hear your thoughts, realize that I wasn't overreacting, and that my body is JUST fine thank you very much.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Enjoy your date night with your hunny bunny!

Unknown said...

Yay for date night!! I remember how much we appreciated that much needed time with a newborn...and how much we still love to get out--just us! :) We got to have a date last night!! Just went to eat great mexican food and then grocery shopping, but still-it was great. ;o) Enjoy!

Suz said...

Oh how great, enjoy your date night!!!

*Sorry I've been slacking on the commenting!!

Hollie said...

i hope you have a wonderful date together! that is so very important!

Lori said...

Oh, date nights are so fun! I BAWLED the first five or six times we left Bub with the g-parents, but it gets easier...no, not really, but anyway - hope you guys had fun!!!

Sassytimes said...

Hope you enjoyed your date night!!!