Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Product Review #3


I don't like this. It smells nice, but it dries out my hair something awful. See how, THANKFULLY, the conditioner on the right is so low. Well, I finished it! On a side note, I hate throwing things away. I really do. I feel bad, like I'm wasting something...much to the detriment of my hair. I DID give that terrible DIAL soap to my Mom. Remember, the one that gave me a terrible rash on my tummy? Yah, that one. But that was justified. This terrible purchase? Not justified for the circular file because I just don't like it. So, what do YOU recommend? I want a non drying yummy smelling shampoo/conditioner.

Q FINALLY found my absolutely favorite shaver from a guy in Canada. Thanks to all of you for your recommendations about shavers. Thanks to husband for being AWESOME and searching high and low for the absolutely perfect shaver.

*****

Gooner made her first trip to Wal.Mart today. She was a trooper! I find it HILARIOUS the way folks try to incognito sneak at peak at the baby. Clearly they are shopping for juice, but they nonchalantly come over to where we are looking at butter and crane theirs necks for a looksee. Just be open and honest and look...which is super weird because when I was pregnant people had NO filter. Why is it that people, no not people, STRANGERS would come up and rub my tummy, but they are nervous about looking at Gooner? Weird. I'll never understand people.

8 comments:

Meghann said...

I find suave for curly hair (the one that is "just like redken") works great for me, but maybe not so much for you. Pantene shampoos are horrid on my hair--about the same as the garnier.

oh, and yeah, people are weird. especially about pregnancy and babies.

Heather @ Simple Wives said...

I've never liked that shampoo and conditioner. I've tried and tried it and just can't seem to like it, lol.

Jamie said...

I live by the Garnier conditioner, but I leave it in my hair for at least 5 minutes. Haven't tried the shampoo. That is so funny about the people at walmart. I've always tried to oogle babies in a way that the parents can see with the thought they'd love to know their baby brings joy to others - but that could be just as silly as trying to do it incognito. haha...you have had quite the adventures with Gooner! My only similar experience is getting nasty looks from people when I was 17 carrying my newborn little brother and 2 year sister around with me - I kept calling them "brother" and "sister" but it never seemed to help!

The Mommy said...

I started using shampoo and conditioner in one when Maggie was born just to save on time. I guess I'll just stop showering all together when Baby Ellie arives!!!

Kelley said...

i love dove shampoo and conditioner. smells so yummy and leaves my hair managable. i use the one with cucumbers in it but all of them i think are great. miss you and your smile.

Q, La, and Gooner said...

You guys are awesome! Hmmmmmmm, Kelley you have awesome hair so I might have to try the DOVE!

Anonymous said...

Once, a hairstylist told me that Pantene is horrendous for hair. I use Suave - cheap and really good for hair, according to the pros. I stock up when I can get it for $.65 - $.85 a bottle. Esp since the boys use too much.

Love the recent pics and her "blendedness". Can see both of you in her. She is completely precious. Wish I could run into you in Walmart and do my share of oogling!

:) Mer

Unknown said...

I had my hair highlighted last fall, and the girl recommended Bedhead. It's really expensive, but it smells amazing and makes my hair feel SO good. Also, it's concentrated, so you use a lot less. I've been washing my hair less often (every three days), so I still have 1/3 of the bottles I bought in the middle of December! I feel like the price evens out in the end.