Friday, May 8, 2009

Fitness Friday... Anyone?

Did I tell you that I only gained half a pound last week? My tip for the week...have a baby. The baby consumes lots of calories and Gooner is the one that craves frozen yogurt... not me.

So the end is in sight and I'm pleased with my health. I'm excited to put away my maternity workout videos and step into something a little more up beat. I read in one of my running books that I can't run with Gooner until month 6! Month 6!? Apparently her neck isn't stable enough for my running until then, which means my half marathon training just got pushed back a bit... Sad ya? I guess I'll have to shed the "baby weight" another way... maybe I should try that Shred (click on SHRED to take you to a bloggers review) thing that EVERYONE is raving about. All this to say, the new soft baby mommy me can't hang out for years to come. AND, I'm not going to be sayin' in 2010, "I've just got 15 more pounds of baby weight..."

Fitness Friday is bound to get intense once I'm cleared to shred some fat. I don't know yet if I will try the Shred, BUT I best be shredding some fat.

6 comments:

The Mommy said...

I lost almost 20 pounds (!!!!) before leaving the hospital. The last 20 came off relatively easy because I didn't eat for like three weeks after Maggie was born. She was SO fussy and I discovered quickly that walks soothed her and would put her right to sleep. We went for at least hree walks a day with her in the stroler, sling or front carrier. I'm looking forward to taking Baby E on walks...while chasing Maggie on her bike!

Unknown said...

Yikes, I ordered The Shred last week! It still hasn't arrived (from Amazon) but soon the *fun* will begin!:) I lost over 75 pounds after I had Preston (gained 50! with pregnancy) and now over the past years have gained some back! I'm hoping I can stick with The Shred! I've read some horrific things about it ;o) but at least it seems like it's EFFECTIVE! I love my elliptical, but am ready for some variety! :)

Anonymous said...

Nursing is the best way to lose the weight. You are so conscious of everything you eat/do that you won't have trouble. It really isn't a big deal for someone like you. Just nurse. The pounds really come off fast that way. The kid sucks the life out of you! And BTW - I did think of you as Montana was delivering. Loved the post. :) Mer

Anonymous said...

So we just went to B&N and ordered The Shred. Agreed to do it together in the huge new children's arena at church with the enormous screen. Perks of working there. It's the only way I'll actually make it - having a giant yell at me. Will let you know how we feel after day 1. Thanks for the inspiration! Mer (& Tim by default)

Amy said...

Holly started back to running when Gabby was 6-8 weeks old, although it was not at her usual pace, she had to ease back in to that. She had a good running stroller so that really helped her out.

Anonymous said...

If I were close, I'd take care of the little one so you could run to your heart's content.
Wish I could be closer to my little one.
AF