Monday, May 25, 2009

Eating for One and a measly 500 extra calories

These middle of the night feeds are throwing me for a loop! Gooner wakes me up around 1am or 2am - whenever she feels like it - for a middle of the night nursing session. After she eats, I'm famished. Famished I tell you. So, I do what any normal woman does and I head to the fridge...and I feel like one of those girls in the magazines with an eating disorder. The tile is cold on my bare feet, the light is extra bright, and I pull open the fridge shyly, but with great expectation. I feel like I'm doing something wrong; like someone is going to catch me. Um really? I'm not even going for the chips; tonight all I wanted was Swiss cheese and wheat thins (multi-grain). It isn't a big deal, and I think my delusions are due to sleep deprivation; none-the-less, I'm not fond of these random fridge runs.

Before:


After:



Which photo do YOU like better? I can't vote, I'm prejudiced.

8 comments:

Sassytimes said...

She looks so tiny!

Lori Darlin' said...

SO sweet!!

Unknown said...

Definitely the 'After'...:o) Your baby is adorable!!

katie said...

She is sooo precious!

Unknown said...

Um... just wait until she's nine months old, and even though she's eating solids, you still feed her enough to be hungry ALL the time and still lose almost a pound a week!

Suz said...

Oh how sweet!

Wow, something else to look forward to. Maybe I should invest in a mini fridge by the bed.. haha! Okay, does that just scream LAZINESS! haha! I'm tired just thinking of waking up every 2 hours!

The Mommy said...

Gooner is adorable!!! Don't worry about your middle of the night snacking. Your body is working hard these days!!

Jackie said...

She's smiling! And precious! And beautiful! And i love the dark hair! Oh man, she is so special!