Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Gooner Update

On the pregnancy front Gooner is getting bigger and bigger! She has QUITE the little personality. I had to wear a special wrap to keep my hip heated and Gooner did NOT like that thing cramping her space. She kicked it for oh... let's say 4 HOURS before she got an awesome idea; she decided to move up up up into my rib cage. Let me tell you, it felt fabulous. So I pushed down on her and get this, SHE PUSHED BACK! What? This girl will not like to be swaddled; she can't even handle a "belt" in her space. But I have a thing for personal space, why would I imagine my daughter to be any different?

We did have an appointment today. I've now joined the "every two weeks" doctors appointment group as opposed to the "once a month" group. Amen to meeting Gooner soon! There were some concerns, so Gooner and I are being scheduled for an emergency sonogram. Doc wants to take a look at her and her flotation device, my amniotic fluid. BUT she has a STRONG heartbeat AND is head down ready to go. I had some painful stuff done, and the nurses kept coming after me, and with one painful procedure I was asked, "How did that feel?" I responded with, "can't be worse than labor." The nurse laughed, and agreed.

NOW, Gooner and I are off to watch Dad, ie: Q, play in his soccer game. We have a new place to sit where she is more protected from random smackings of the ball.

3 comments:

Sassytimes said...

You have me worried. I hope you and Gooner are okay!! I just noticed you have 10 weeks left. I didn't realize you were that far along?! YEAH!!

Sophia used to hate when the Dr. would listen for the heartbeat and push the thing into my belly. She would always give it a swift kick...like "excuse me...PERSONAL SPACE!" haha.

The Mommy said...

I'm in the two week club, too! Please know that I'll be praying for you and Gooner. I know way too much about late in pregnancy complications, so I have a few ideas on your docs concerns. I hope the sonogram goes well and that Miss Gooner behaves herself.

Lori said...

I had low amniotic fluid as well...I don't really know if it was 'bad', but they mentioned it every appt. up until the last few weeks. My doctor just kept telling me to drink lots of water, so I drank until I almost threw up every day. TMI?! :-) haha...
Hope all is well!