
Q and I are HUGE fans of the premiership. We USED to spend lots of money at English pubs JUST so we could watch our team - Arsenal. We finally got tired of buying HUGE boxed muffins and fish and chips in order to watch the game. I mean, we can't sit and take seats in the pub and not buy anything... So, upon getting married, Q and I purchased FSC (Fox Soccer Channel). We've saved lots of money. That being said, we are now head over heals for the Champions League. Only problem is.... THEY AREN'T AIRING THE GAMES!!!! Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. Well, let me rephrase; they aren't airing the ones we want. We've seen Liverpool AND Manchester United beat the Spaniards and Italians, but donde l'Arsenal? Soooooooooo, Q and I sat on the couch this evening and watched, wait, we READ commentary on the Gamecast as the game commenced. The Gamecast is a little program where if a striker takes a shot a little dot shows up and you can see if it is on goal or not or a GOAL! Wellllllllllllllllll, the game trudged on; with a final score of nil - nil it could only mean one thing PK's!!! (for those of you not YET fans, those are penalty kicks.) We didn't have much faith in our goalkeeper, so Q and I had a rough 15 minutesa anxiously waiting.... And then, by the grace of God, we were able to watch the last two pk's! Arsenal scored and then Roma shanked a ball and wahoo!!!!
Q and I did a little dance and chanted: 'We love the Arsenal...We do...'
3 comments:
Sorry that their not airing the "right" games just for the two of you. Before too much longer you'll be watching your games with a side of taking care of Gooner!
They are showing all those games here in Macedonia (I think). One of my students told me he wasn't coming to class one night because he was going to be watching one of the games. I suppose that would be a benefit of living in Europe like we do, if only Rachelle and I were "football" fans. :)
- Josh
It is great to hear from you Josh!!! Just give it time...soon you will be fans! Maybe you just need us to come and show you the Arsenal way? : )
Post a Comment