Friday, February 6, 2009

A Case of the Friday's



I am so tired. Tired I tell ya! Also, I know this will surprise you, but I'm contemplating another bath. Now before you judge, please note that I almost have LESS than 100 days til I meet our own little Chikadee, and I wake up at 4 AM to begin work... Life is exhausting, especially during these economic times. I feel like so many bloggie friends, coworkers, and EVERYONE else is looking for a job, losing a job or taking a pay cut. Eeeeeeeeeeep!

I'm thankful, it's just hard to see out of the weeds. 17 degees isn't helping my outlook on life either. I am thankful for our healthy baby girl, and for my jobs, so I beg you, don't begrudge the preggo her bath.

It's hard not to worry about life...especially when your little one punches you ALL day long, reminding you that SOON you will have her crying her needs IN THE FLESH. And today I received an email from "What to Expect" telling me that I need to be reading baby books so I can properly prepare for Gooners arrival. I guess I could read in the tub? As for being a mother. I don't worry. Ha, until I get emails like this:

"Alas, unlike our friends in the rest of the maternal animal kingdom, the how-to's of baby care don't exactly come naturally to us humans. A first-time mother dog knows precisely how to lick her pups clean, while we first-time human moms struggle with those early baths (and we get to use a washcloth!)." -What to Expect When You're Expecting

Is this supposed to make me feel better? It doesn't come naturally? If it doesn't, I'm in for a RUDE awakening because I've not read all those books on how to swaddle a baby. I'm just hoping that Gooner is like how Q and I were as babies, hot and in need of the air conditioner... And as for a bath, slipperly little thing that she will be, if she stinks bad enough, I thought for sure I would figure it out....

6 comments:

The Mommy said...

Thanks so much for the sweet words in your comment. We are so blessed because Mike's company is paying ALL of our insurance for 12 months! I was afraid I was going to have to birth this baby at home with only him to help me!!
As for the bath, soak while you can! It's only dangerous if your membranes have ruptured or if you get stuck! I can't tell you how many times I rushed through a shower when Maggie was first born. I hated hearing her cry and it was even worse when her and Daddy were waiting for me in the bathroom when I turned the water off. Enjoy the luxury of taking a nice, long soak.
I'm sure that mothering baby Gooner will come naturally. Mike & I LOVED to swaddle Maggie & we had an awesome nurse who showed us a great swaddle. We also loved the Kiddopotamus swaddle blankets. They make it so easy.
Get some rest and have a great weekend!

Sassytimes said...

Buy a swaddle blanket! They are SO much easier than using a normal blanket to swaddle. You'll figure everything else out...and if not, your bloggie mommas are always here for you!

katie said...

You too can have a snazzy signature, just by clicking on one of my signatures. That will hyperlink you to a page where you can create your own!

Enjoy the bath! You deserve it and I think it sounds like a fabulous way to spend a Friday evening when its blistering cold outside!

Suz said...

I'm really hoping that an intuition kicks in naturally for me! I am sure will be just fine and that you will know best how to take care of your girl!!! Enjoy your bath!I caught myself taking 2 in one day! ha, I don't even feel guilty!

Unknown said...

I love the new signature.

I have a baby swaddler, and you can have it. The nurse taught Zach to do it in the hospital, and he could do a nice baby bundle. I always asked him to do it for me.

For the first two months, Zach and I bathed Shiloh together, either in the sink, or we took her in the shower (one to hold her, one to wash her). It was better than using a "baby bath" for us (and we even HAD a baby bath).

This post made me laugh. You are awesome.

Anonymous said...

For the record: I never bought or borrowed or even flipped through "what to expect". whatEVER. 3 boys later - and how they turned out is still up for grabs - I still say that you know more than you think you know. you'll be fine, and i think you're smart enough to know how to ask for help and when you need it. put the dumb book down and take as many baths a day as you feel like. you DO deserve it.

:) Mer