Me: Oh Q!!!! I'm supposed to bring cookies to our movie night tonight!
Beau: Do we have enough butter?
Me: Yah, I think so. I think I will make Snickerdoodles.
Beau: What are Snickerdoodles?
Me: Cookies.
Beau: What kind of cookies?
Me: Snickerdoodles.
Beau: Geeeeeeeeeeeeeeeez, thanks. That's very helpful.
Me: Oh I know! I'll find a picture for you. (googled, and found.)
Beau: (Looks at photo) Oh, I think I'll like those.
This is a fairly "normal" conversation. When two cultures marry, you are certain to have ALL types of conversations....
6 comments:
lol how fun! I imagine you get to have laughs all the time about wording of different things!
Snickerdoodles are one of Dad's favorites. You talked me into lemon squares. You ARE NOT talking me into making these for Dad.
LOL
Mom
HAHA! My husband & I have similar conversations & we don't have an excuse :-)
I remember eating snickerdoodles at your house -- and the fact that your mom made a double batch of dough so that you guys could part of the dough!
. . .and Ranger Cookies. Have you introduced him to ranger cookies???
Ranger cookies? Am I missing out on something?
I love snickerdoodles! :)
And it's a good thing you had enough butter, because, I sure don't always have enough.
Post a Comment