Saturday, January 31, 2009

Her Things are SO small...I'm getting SO big...

Kim, awesome friend/nurse that she is, gave Gooner and myself some gifts. SO cute!
She was too excited to wait for the baby shower... and so was I!!!



I LOVE Dr. Suess! The quilt is AMAZING and will probably rest safely in her crib for happy sleeping. The top is yellow stripes and the bottom is SUPER soft white stuffs, I love it!



Do you see this onesy? That is TOTALLY Horton. We should have called her Horton instead of Gooner; that might have REALLY got people talking...


Another friend lent me ALL these books. I've done a lot of babysitting. A lot! Most of my babysitting skills were for families that had at least 5 children. At least. I've even babysat for special needs. Although, I'm SO glad I have ALL this experience um, I feel totally unprepared to be the Mommy here. I meen Yowza! I'm going to have to make decisions, and figure out how to deal with crying... You know, the crying that won't stop, and even reading Horton Hears a Who won't help. I really, really want to meet our Little Lady, BUT for now, she can sit tight in there while my shirts get tighter...




As for tonight I have plans with other DC/MD/VA bloggers for a meet up. I'm CERTAIN women will show up in their best and look amazing. And, well, when you have a soccer ball, that is becoming overinflated inside your shirt, you feel slightly LESS glamorous; But I'm fighting it ladies!!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

When you were little we called you Cindy Lou Who.

Mom

The Mommy said...

I'm sure your "soccer ball" isn't that bad!
I had taught preschool and had experience with a niece and nephew before we had Maggie, and I swear that NOTHING can truly prepare you for Motherhood. It's amazing, scary and such a blessing!

katie said...

Oh my...those clothes are adorable! Probably the cutest baby clothing I have ever seen. I too love Dr. Suess. How precious Gooner will be! And how much fun you will have reading all of the stories. My husbands niece recently recited her version of the Horton Hears a Who story to me. So fun!

Jackie said...

You looked cute as can be last night. It was nice to meet you!