Thursday, January 29, 2009

Question of the Day...Not for the Faint of Heart...

Kelley: First I have a story, then I have a question.

Me: Um yahhhhhhhhh. (I'm wondering what could have happened, only CRAZY WEIRD stuff happens to Kelley and I. We could write a book about all the craziness that people say and do at Starbucks. Including the non customer who washes her FEET in the public toilet bowl. She swears she isn't peeing on the seat...)

Kelley: So you know the regular who gets the (fill in drink here)?

Me: Oh yah, I know her! (Remember, we memorize customers by DRINK NOT name...)

Kelley: Well - gives insane background - I saw her breast feeding her daughter. Her 4 year old daughter! (Who wouldn't do this in the Starbucks parking lot, I mean, seriously...?)

Me: Gagging. Siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiick! (In denial.) Sick. This doesn't happen right? Big kids, capable of chewing huge chunks of meat, don't drink from breasts right?

Kelley: So, I was wondering, are YOU going to breast feed Gooner when she's four? Said she sarcastically.

Me: Of course............................................NOT! Sick. I'm scarred. Or scared? How can I look at her, the customer, again? Or her daughter? Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

6 comments:

Sassytimes said...

There was a show on 60 minutes recently about this!! There were several ladies on there who were breastfeeding their 7 year olds! Not pumping and feeding, actually breastfeeding!! The kids were describing what it tasted like and how it makes them feel. They wished they could still do it, but they lost their sucking mechanism!

Angie said...

yeah? uh, no.

When they can talk about it's health benefits? It's time to stop.

When they can ask for it by name? It's time to stop.

Whoa.

Anonymous said...

I believe it is your aunt who said if it is self serve they are too old.

Mom

Lori said...

Yeah, there's a youtube video - A girl just sits down and crawls underneath her mom's shirt - very traumatic...

Anonymous said...

I've had that happen to me before at Living History Farms, only they did it in front of me. A mother once breast fed her 3-year-old while talking to me--I couldn't get away from the awkwardness and thought I was going to die--and then asked me to babysit her daughter as she was going to take him next door to a restaurant to get him something to eat--we're talking real food now--because he was STILL HUNGRY. Gross!!!!

Kelley said...

oh man. dont we love our crazy insane customers. :)
my favorite part of this was the next day when she tried to make it seem like her kid fell asleep in the car. umm. yeah right.