Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Chp. 3 "Why She Won't Respect; Why He Won't Love"

Laura: This chapter was pretty good, and after the last redundant chapters, I was ready for a good one! I loved this quote, "She wants to be cherished as a princess, not revered as a queen. She longs to be first in importance to him." I starred this because I'd been thinking a bit about the changes our Little Gooner would bring to this family. Would Kweku come home from work, bypass me, and head right to the baby? Would I suddenly become last among his list of responsibilities? I didn't even fully realize I had these questions...until I read this. And after talking to my love, I feel a million times better. Yes, Gooner will change things in our lives. A lot of things. BUT I will ALWAYS be his wife, his love, and after God, I will always be first in his life. Also, "he is called upon to be the first to provide, to protect." Oh I do respect my husband, and I love that he is the leader of our small family!

Kweku: The following words sum the chapter: just like a wife shouldn't have to earn her husband's love - for he is to love her unconditionally - a husband shouldn't have to earn his wife's respect - she is to respect him unconditionally. Unconditional love and unconditional respect go hand-in-hand.

5 comments:

Sassytimes said...

Gooner will change everything, but your husband will see you in a whole new, AMAZING light. ...and seriously, who could bypass the creator of a soon-to-be adorable bundle?!

The Mommy said...

You'll be amazed how much Gooner changes everything! For me, I really saw how much Mike loved me and would do for me. He helped me get out of bed, go to the bathroom, shower and move around my first few days after the c-section. It was the first time I had truly, physically needed him and to see do such a great job was a definite affirmation of love.

Lori said...

Are you naming your baby Gooner? :-) Just wondering...Anyway, Love the last line of this post!

Anonymous said...

Love the picture on the Header of your blog!!!
Jean

Q, La, and Gooner said...

Thanks for all the wonderful comments!