
Like flocks, tourists are coming.
"Showing off its red-white-and-blue bedecked best, Washington D.C. on Saturday absorbed thousands of people who were determined -- no, insistent -- on experiencing history and having the times of their lives in the below-freezing days leading up to Tuesday's inauguration." Yahoo News
Seriously. It is cold. And get this, there is only ONE Port-a-poddy for every 300 people. I would like to add that only thousands have come of the estimated 4 million people. How many bathrooms is that anyway? No matter what it should be, the District is only allowing 500 port-a-poddys! What? I am so not going in. When Gooner steps on the bladder, man oh man, I gotta go, NOW! And though some people let me cut when they see my belly, crazed tourists who are FREEZING certainly won't care if I pee my pants. I do.
On a side note... I haven't had a hair cut in MONTHS. I was doing better, but I guess other things came up... like Baby Gooner. BUT, my normal hairstylist, James, came in and told me that I was "tragic" and that my "eyebrows look like caterpillars." If it gets REALLY bad he calls me tragicness...but only on the bad days. Seriously people, I try.
Another customer from the Bux came in as well and told me that she's giving me a gift card for a brow wax and a manicure. Um, apparently I need a brow wax! Come on folks, give the preggo a break! I've got a super wiggling, future soccer player bee-bopping inside me while I serve you awesome Bux beverages. You guessed it, I still have not quit.... I love it too much... The University has granted me Monday, Tuesday AND Wednesday off, so I will be at the Bux serving mannic tourists caffeine. The nasty ones might get decaf.... ;)
3 comments:
You must not have the "pregnant glow" yet or they'd all leave you alone! Stay warm.
Someone once told me "you must be having a girl, because she's sucking the pretty right out of you". Seriously!
Hi there!
I suppose you have to laugh at comment like that or you'll cry! How funny some customer critiquing your appearance.
To answer your question, 'skint' is a British phrase, it means having run out of money :)
Post a Comment