
Baby Gooner (a Gunner, pronounced Gooner, is a die-hard Arsenal Fan) is the baby in my belly already kicking around as a future soccer player.
Like Father / Like Baby
I now understand, more than ever, what Mothers go through (and Fathers) and that storks most DEFINITELY do not "deliver" babies to the waiting arms of parents.
This is my version. The stork comes, and then you can't eat chicken for months.
I'm already enjoying being a Mother, and Kweku a Father. Hearing the heartbeat for the first time, with Kweku by my side, was VERY special. And I couldn't help but smile stupidly on the sofa when I felt Gooner flutter inside for the first time.
Having a Baby is a miracle and we are SO excited!
11 comments:
OKAY.....so HOW in the world did your pregnancy escape me until this very moment?!?!? I am so lost & confused.
. . .but very, very excited!!!
We kept our secret until the past few weeks... It was so wonderful that Kweku and I hoarded the specialness... We waited to tell anyone until Kweku's Mom could visit from Paris; we wanted to announce in person.
Wow, congratulations to both of you!! Hope all goes well for you in your pregnancy-bet you can't wait to hold your lil' soccer player! :)
CONGRATULATIONS!!!! So excited for you! Except I'm guessing you're still in the 1st trimester, eh? Which means you still feel like crap. Don't envy that at all. Have fun searching for the perfect name!
You know how happy I am for you, but here's a comment to prove it!
Thanks for all your comments and congrats! I've entered the second trimester so life is a little easier to handle now...
Very excited for the two of you. Hearing that heartbeat is simply amazing. Congratulations!
I think grandma is pretty close to having the same number of great-grandchildren as she has grandchildren. The only thing that you need to do is run any potential baby names past me and I will tell you if there are any possible nicknames or initials that would be rather unfortunate. Like my friends had the name Olive on their short list, but all I could think of was olive oil, Olive Oyl, and Olive the other reindeer. (They ended up naming her Ruby, which I like) And try not to add any Disney cartoon names like Mowgli, which is actually the real middle name of a celebrity baby.
hmmmmm Amy, I'm not sure I like "Ruby." But I agree, Grandma has loads of Grand kids!
The rules of soccer are very simple, basically it is this: if it moves, kick it. If it doesn't move, kick it until it does.--Phil Woosnam
Best he/she is not a football player until after birth. :)
That is one hilarious quote Chris! But it is too late...Baby Gooner has already decided to be a soccer player and has already started kicking. Like father Gooner, like Baby Gooner...
Post a Comment