
I no longer smell like a "Fresh Water Cucumber." The other day Kweku and I battled the mall in order to get my free Holiday product from Bath and Body Works. My showers are now super pepperminty, and it couldn't have come at a better time. I am currently battling some type of vile flu/cold or something. Two foolproof methods of relief.
1. Neck massages, back massages... by husband Kweku.
2. Super hot showers with Peppermint infused oils.
Did I mention that I teach in an Oriental Medical Clinic? This means that I've spent the last week having Korean's, Vietnamese... stare intently, poke, prod and lecture about the yin/yang battle and how currently I am losing that battle. One described my eyes as such, "Your eyes are red and puffy. They look a lot like a new born baby who is fighting sleep, but the body does what the body does and shuts down."
I've been treated differently all week due to, I quote, "bad spirits = negative energy inside you." In the United States it is normally frowned upon to blow one's nose in public; at the medical clinic I get cheered on. "Blow them out! Get rid of it!" In a way it is easier because I am not running to the restroom with snot running down my face like I did running from class in high school. BUT, having a request for mucus inspection is also a little annoying and disturbing.
Anyway, I am not enjoying my fight against "yin." I currently believe that little bacterias or something are trying to take over my body, but not without a fight!!! Apparently my "fight" is showing on my person and I look near death.
1 comment:
Mark just got me some of this stuff the other night. I am in LOVE with him. . .and with the body scrub, too! :)
Post a Comment