
I found these, Kweku's boots, in my living room. I am destined to a life of soccer. A soccer wife. A soccer Mom.
I'm warped. I am watching 21 year old girls play soccer. USA vs. Germany...and I'm enjoying myself. Uhoh... When did I begin to say things like, "That defender is rubbish!"? And when did "One nil to the Arsenal" become part of my vocabulary? Also, "That a lad!" -- "He's being sacrificed for the team."-- "oooooooooooh, he just got nutmegged!"-- "He just bagged a brace." --- "He got himself a hat trick."
I know all the players in the Premiership. I hold conversations with my husband about certain players skills, faults, number of red and yellow cards. And, I of course, keep him up to date on the stupid fashions soccer players have in regards to their hair.
Once, at one of Kweku's game, a Brit came up to me and said in his accent, "Thanks for showing up WAG." Oh really? What is this? I didn't know, but it sounded too close to fag and hag for me and I didn't like it. Please note the past tense because now I am PROUD to be a WAG. WAGS: Wives and Girlfriends of Soccer Players.
I...AM....WARPED!
1 comment:
That's what I'm talking about! My wife masters the art of soccer and is a loyal Arsenal fan. One nil, to the Arsenal...
Post a Comment