Saturday, September 6, 2008

Welcome to our Camp

At this point we'd gone 10 miles with only 1.3 more to go. We continued our journey, and if the rain clouds and thunder didn't spur our tired legs, the fresh bear poop did. The sign says, "Wilderness Behind this Point."


Isn't our tent awesome!? I'm holding "Deet, Deep Woods." That bug spray was our saving grace.


Below: Kweku and Chris man bonding. Girls bond over going in groups to pee in the bushes. Men filter water.


Kweku and I cooked dinner as a TEAM and boy were we ready to eat! I'd made the mistake earlier of biting into a nasty wasabi peanut, YUCK! Next time I won't be packing the Chinese Trail Mix. I thought it was a white chocolate covered peanut.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I really like the changes you made. Love, Dad

Q said...

There's something about women holding hands together, skipping along to go pee together in a bush that we - the men - didn't understand. Now I get it...it was a special bonding moment...

Anonymous said...

Just wanted to mention ... I love the new look of your page. The camping adventure sounds fun! Dan & I have great memories of camping in Virginia/Maryland state parks when we were newlyweds (1 year after we got married). :) I remember HUGE mosquitoes! Your wedding photos were wonderful, too.
So much fun to have a glimpse into your life!
Jean

Chris said...

You said it Kweku. But I still don't understand...there are so many other ways to bond. However, being I man I accept it cause I can't change it.

Q said...

Chris,

Our wives intrigued us at times during the hike but one thing is for sure...they made us proud and happy husbands. I love my beautiful lady and I can't wait to be back home, see, kiss, and hug her!