Father to Be?My lower back and knees ache.
Mr Has No Name Coworker : Are you pregnant?
La: Yes
Mr: You ARE????!!!
La: No
Mr: How would you feel if you were:
La: It would be great. All in God's time.
Mr: What? You aren't trying to prevent that?
La: Awkward Silence. My look = "none of your business."
I'm not pregnant. My hips were dislocated on the 4th of July. I had 4 vertebrae out. Apparently after you first get married any sign of weakness is declared pregnancy to the trained eye of the WHOLE WORLD.
The Dr. said that I can still partake in EXTREME sports but that all those stressful rock climbing/skiing accidents took a strain on my back. I can still run and hike and do all those fun loving nature things. They DID attach me to all these wires that sent electric shock through my body. It felt like electric worms and I pretended I was on Fear Factor. What good is an imagination if you don't use it? Plus I'm claustrophobic and was closed in under heavy heated blankets while wires sent volts of whatever into my aching muscles. Funny, I'd rather pretend that worms were crawling on my body than blankets.
3 comments:
horseback riding did a number to my knee (which is finally better--but I injured in in jr high and it gave me problems until after college) and my back (fractured a vertebrae--I shouldn't try to pick up the same things that men twice my size pick up). I feel your pain (and the pregnancy questions still happen 9 years and two kids into marriage--everytime I feel slightly off I must be pregnant. geez)
Laura and I went to Target and, in the span of 5 secs, we saw 3 very pregnant women. Hmmm...
No kidding. You're married for a week and people already want to know if you're pregnant yet. Note to the world: it is NONE of your business!
Kweku, here at a military post, an easy 25% of the women I see these days are pregnant. People laughingly call it the baby boom, because the brigade just got back from Iraq last October and they're getting ready to go again. Lots of baby-making happening here. I mean, sometimes all the "expectant mother" parking is full and I have to park at the back of the lot!
Post a Comment