After the wedding my eyes turned red and itchy. My nose clogged up.
Uh oh.
Allergies. I guess it was too many wedding flowers, SO Kweku and I made a run for Wal-Mart. Living in DC, we miss Wal-Mart. Our Wal-Mart is Ghetto and like I said... the top sellers all come from the Baby/prevention aisle. On one side you get diapers on the other side...need I say more? You can't even move past these aisles to get to the shampoo without tripping over children.
ANYWAY, This is what we saw in Wal-Mart. You'd only see this in Kentucky!

And then we got in trouble, ie: NO PHOTOS ALLOWED. We'd been married um, an hour? BUT, it was pretty awesome as the lady followed us around and I'm certain my eye drops, Zyrtec and juice were VERY interesting. Maybe it is just because we were exhausted, yet giddy with happy delight. Who knows, we get stared at a lot.
We also found this photo pretty cool. Here in VA, we are surrounded by monuments of people, mostly presidents, (hopefully I won't be driving down Bama Blvd. at some point) Civil War relics, but NEVER do you find statues/sculptures like this...

Speaking of Presidents. Did I mention Bama Blvd? I hope not. I'd rather have...
4 comments:
where did you find those statues? i am missing a great deal of things here is dc. or was it in kentucky? either way i think its an awesome monument :) cant wait to hang out with you monday night! ill cooridinate with aaron and mabel and let you know. hope the bux kept you on your toes today :)
those are the things I miss most about Kentucky. I do love the history we get here in Viriginia (and we have found Civil War bullets and a button in our backyard).
As far as hiking trails--it depends on what level you want. Humpback Rocks is an easy day hike with beautiful views. For a harder packing experience, Chris really likes Three Ridges, and there are a couple other ones we are thinking about doing this fall. (hikingupward.com is a good place to find hikes, and we have a great book--think it is called "hiking virginia" that rates the hikes on difficulty and views and such)
you can email me if you get a chance: meghann.colleen@gmail.com (Jackie and Charley can verify that I am relatively normal!)
(PS I really enjoy your blog. I lost the link and had to harrass Jackie to put it back up on her blog!)
Meghann, thanks for website! Laura and I are looking forward to our upcoming kayaking and camping trip...
Yep, it's inevitable...
Y'all will be raisin' yer yunguns rightcheer in yer old Kentucky home. We'll see y'all back right quick.
Post a Comment