Friday, March 28, 2008

Gift Registry

I’m getting my nails done. I also have new makeup from Clinique. What happened to me? Oh that’s right…. I’m getting married in LESS THAN A MONTH! Wahoo!

As per Jean we are registered at Bed Bath and Beyond and REI. Kweku and I spent some time at Home Depot and when we have time we are going to paint! Thrilled! While Angel was here she painted the bathroom “downy.” This translates into YELLOW…. Does this sound like me? No! Suddenly I’m turning into a woman who wants to decorate her house and what…have guests over? What, I want to have people over and serve them? And suddenly I care about tooth brush holders and place mats. What came over me? I’ve used the same bathmat since Freshman year of college. I guess it IS time for a new one huh? The tropical fish theme worked in the past, why suddenly does it feel “sooooooooooooooo immature?” Perhaps knowing that my HUSBAND’S feet will tread upon the mat tread by the feet of COUNTLESS females from dorm life disturbs me. It should disturb me. That’s a nasty thought. I tried to wash it in the machine and it came out in fragments. Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

Tomorrow begins the CHERRY BLOSSOM TOURNAMENT! This means that bright and early tomorrow Kweku and I will be at the Mall. No, not Macy’s…. but you know near the Reflecting Pool and Abe? Anyway, we have three games and I’ll get lots of pics. Of course I will take pics of the Cherry Blossoms and all kinds of other fabulous shots. And at some point, when I have a point with time, I’ll load the pics and then post them. Come on folks, I’m way behind on the times. I haven’t even asked Amy to man my guest table or bugged my cousins about ushering. I guess I should get on that….maybe tomorrow? Oh wait, Kweku has THREE games and is Captain. I’m a true soccer fiancé and will be cheering from my blanket…homeless looking and cold. But, very much in love…. Deeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep sigh.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Whatever you need, I will be there.

Anonymous said...

Will you be there for me too Amy? I've about worn out my welcome with Jackie. This wouldn't be happening without her.

Mom

Angie said...

Hey there,

I just talked to your mom tonight. . it was WONDERFUL. Unfortunately, we're not going to be able to be at the wedding. That kills me. We would really love to be there--but it's Caroline's birthday weekend, and we've got a boatload (not literally, mind you) of family coming in.

It was funny---talking to your mom tonight--it was like 13 years hadn't gone by at all. Made me homesick. . .you know, for the home where none of us live anymore!

Q, La, and Gooner said...

You'll be missing a grand event! It would have been fabulous to have you there.