Mom has a great point and I SHOULD have a wedding countdown. Most girls have countdowns everywhere… This type of girl also has every spare piece of paper covered with her new signature Mrs. Kweku… This of course is not me. It isn’t as if I’m afraid I will jinx the situation, it just seems dumb to sit and doodle a name when one has so much to do. But yes, I WILL start a countdown… with the plan of Kweks and I posting daily.
We spent Easter barbecuing on the Potomac. Apparently we weren’t the only ones with this idea, as the parks were full of families, mostly with dogs, predominately Hispanic. We enjoyed our burgers with meringue and salsa music blaring from a portable radio our neighboring picnickers supplied.. It isn’t as if one goes to the park to get away from the noise or anything… Once again Kweku and I were accosted by rat dogs…small little things sniffing and snorting the ground for food. The highlight of the day entailed me grabbing the grill with my hand, causing a blister to rise in a small bubble. While eating we were also serenaded by a small girl of five while she entertained her imaginary friend. I do not fully realize why the festivities all happened around Kweku and I. The girl CLEARLY had to use the restroom which also annoyed Kweku and I as we tried to eat. We attempted soccer but gave up when overweight man with furry chest kept calling for the girl to “LEAVE THEM ALONE.”
Happy Belated Easter!
4 comments:
We only hope your wedding is half as fun....
:)
Sounds like an interesting picnic. And, I hope your wedding is a joyous celebration sans "little girl who needs to use the bathroom". (Your blogs never cease to make me smile!)
Wedding registry suggestions for those of us living far away? Please.
(We know it is not Target!)
Jean
Never fear the response is finally in the mail.
Countdowns do generally keep you focussed. They also remind you of the craziness you still have to make sense of. Anyway, I CAN'T WAIT TO SEE YOU!
Clarissa
Post a Comment