Thursday, March 15, 2007

Thursday Night


ABC owns Thursday night. An addict can entrance themselves in front of the glass screen from Ugly Betty, through Greys and onto Men in Trees. It is a night that begs fresh bread, coffee and friends. Men in Trees remains relateable in that many of us hold fantasy's deep inside delegated to life in Alaska. And come on, a relationship coach landing in "men's ville" palease, it is a plot worth blogging over. From Ugg boots, to wild beasts, we've watched Marin excel and we've grown to love a cast. Well everyone but Lynn.... So why the fuss???????Hmmmmmmmmmm, a new show October Road is replacing MIT until and undisclosed date in April where we have 5 remaining shows of the season. So I gave the new drama a chance and boy was that a mistake! As far as premiers go, this one totally took the cake for being most laughable and yet boring at the same time. With cliche plot, men driven cast and a leading lady with the name Hannah, it was doomed to boringness. And why was his peanut allergy mentioned every ten minutes? And who chooses a peanut allergy as the peak in the plot? The valley would probably be where "main character" (already forgot his name, made an impact on me eh.......) promptly began meeting a WHOLE town. Conversation wend oddly like this:

"Hey.........."
"Wow, big C What's his name."
"man, he still scares me like he did in highschool"
"in this town I'm the big pizza."
Dumb look.
Oh wait, big drama, he turned up the TV by remote.........

Let me tell you, I felt far away from the mountains of Alaska. Let's see, I miss Elmo!

Enough about shows. Any questions about life in DC? Well, let me tell you about tourists.... They totally get in the way. They don't understand that on an escalator you stand on the right and walk on the left. You don't talk during rush hour. You DON'T push, we have a system. Tourists please don't use your children as bull dozers while audibly reminding them to NOT push as "it's rude" all the while speaking with a Texan drawl. We woke up at 6 AM people, too much sensory stimulation could push us over the edge. Do not, I repeat do not stand in front of the doors. Do not stand in the doors while they continuously crash into you henceforth breaking them. Do not "perch" in the seat wearing your backpack, take it off like a normal person. Get a metro map and then stand on the side and read it instead of wandering around. The truth of the matter; it is fabulous that you are a tourist, just try to follow the social norms...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow - so many things to remember! Thanks for the tips, as we'll be tourists there soon - May 30 through June 2. Now we'll be sure to be good tourists and not bad ones. Any other bits of advice you have for us?

Anonymous said...

Remember the blob? You're a quick learner, Laura.

Clarissa

Q, La, and Gooner said...

You WILL be good tourists and if you have any time in your schedule to have a stray tag along I'd LOVE to see you, and be a tourist too.

I SO remember the blob! In Russia we looked like tourists everywhere we went! I mean we even had the buddy system! Hey at least they thought you were Russian and I was Finnish...