Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Missing in Action


This is the way my room looked when I first moved in. It was SO unlivable!!!! So these past few days have been quite busy. I began my internship which has been quite a learning experience. I have to go through 4 security checkpoints just to get to my super cool cubicle. In order to get my card I had to visit the FBI building which is huge and awesome. I washed my hands in honour of getting INKED in order to get printed and instead they had this super cool scanning device. Waaaaaaaaaaay fabulous. At the internship I deal with government tariffs, NAFTA and Free Trade. Please note that I did not say FAIR Trade. Problem. I support FAIR TRADE!!!!!!!!

I applied at Starbucks and I am now a Barista. I love coffee so much so this really is a great job for me. I normally spend tons of money on Starbucks and the free coffee is already saving me money. I LOVE free coffee. The people I work with were pretty helpful although I'm still the new girl. But I won't always be and pretty soon I will stop burning myself with random sprays of steam. At this place I will NEVER have enough lotion. But it is fun and I think that I will like it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Moving is always crazy, Laura. I am glad for your cool internship experiences so far. I think it would be awesome to have to present myself at the FBI building! As to barista-ing...I have a huge scar on by my elbow where I stupidly stuck it on a steaming wand while reaching for a cup last year. (It's best you don't try to annalyze why I was this stupid, or why I reached ACROSS the wand with my left hand to the cups on my right. I am still in awe of that bad move.)

Clarissa