Wednesday, March 7, 2007

Signs and Wonders

So a lot happened today and you finally get some photographs. First off they got like and inch of snow here and cancelled school for a snow day. I would call it a light dusting and it caused everyone to freak out. Like to make me laugh!!! Seriously! This pic is of my metro stop showing the LIGHT dusting.


This is Stacey and I at the metro. I figured Mom would like a photo of us.



We were supposed to go on a roomie outting, but the three of us were swindled. We ended up being 4 guys and 4 girls at a restaurant. Nope, it wasn't 4 guys. It was 2 suits, a sweater vest and Al. This was conversation... Conservative? Libertarian? Is Giulliani a fascist? Suit number one ran for office, I got two business cards (networking), another potential contact at US Department of Trade and Commerce, learned that you have to send a thank you email AFTER 3:00 the next day (you just do around here....?) gay marriage ISN'T a big issue for Republicans (what???), Got into an argument with suit number 2 and he said he had a sound argument, I said soundly wrong. He shrugged, fair enough. The Civil War is a sore spot in some instances. So is praying in school, public policy, funding, small gov't, "the game," salary, um well, I learned that you can make everything political and argumentative. And they do. Let's just say use three girls were the first to leave.


So The Matchbox Restaurant is in China Town. My pic is dark, sorry... But I ventured into the city so that was pretty awesome. I'm really glad I live in Virginia and not on the hill. My driving has already become WAY aggressive! I am blessed by really great roomies. Yay! Oh and my bed arrives tomorrow, no more Air Bed. I am soooooooooooo thrilled!

3 comments:

Whatley's Wanderings said...

You crack me up (but described the evening perfectly)! Welcome to DC... :D

Anonymous said...

No stomach for snow, huh? Yeah, once you've lived in the mountains and the midwest, you've got to laugh at an inch of snow slowing anyone down.
As to the evening...interesting. Have fun networking. ;-)

Clarissa

Anonymous said...

cute pics I love the one with the drill!

Samantha Moeck
Fremont Alliance!