Sunday, March 4, 2007

Musings While Driving

I had a lot to think about as I drove for hours. I've never done a cross country drive quite like this and have NEVER driven this route in my life and am finding it quite facinating. I drove over new bridges and took new exits. Now, bare trees and dirty snow are not as pretty as "fall colours" but I did enjoy just watching. Upon leaving my home I counted 36 cars/semis/rescue vehicles flipped, burried in snow, crashed... in various places due to the blizzard the midwest just experienced. It was a wicked snow.

One driver was being a jerk on the road and a huge trucker cut her off; I felt an odd feeling of joy surge through me. Yikes, I have road rage.

In the middle of going 70 mph my car all the sudden lost power weirdly. I was still going but the lights went off and apparently I was going "0" mph. I tried to turn on my hazards, but those didn't work either. WEIRD! Sent up a prayer, pulled over, turned off the car, restarted and EVERYTHING was fine. I musta bumped something while I was trying to stretch my legs while driving.

With my hands full I managed to bust open my hotel room door but I couldn't find the light switch. While leaning over to turn on the lamp my soda leaked down my arm on the inside of my sweatshirt. Lovely.

For doing nothing but driving all day I sure am exhausted!

2 comments:

Angie said...

Without getting too dangerous. . .where are you now? When will you arrive in DC?

I love your blog. I'm so glad it's still here!

Angie

Q, La, and Gooner said...

Well Dahling,

I spent the night in Toledo. Ate at a Taco Bell...where they gave me stale chips.

I arrived in Alexandria, VA around 2:30.

I'm glad you enjoy the blog. Sometimes one wonders if people really care what goes through this head of mine!