Monday, March 5, 2007
And So I Arrive!
I made my journey... 8 states and I am here! For the most part the drive was very lovely! And the roomies are great. Stacey and I had some bonding time at Target. Let's just say I got her an XL belt (was I saying she had a weight problem???) and she picked out a waterproof mattress pad for me (was she insinutating that I have a bladder problem???) And we talked and we laughed and it was altogether lovely. Oh and I did a 20 point turn getting out of the driveway, apparently the streets are more narrow in the East....? WOW, Stacey and I spent a lot of time laughing at my driving ability. But I did make it in 19 hours and it wasn't so bad. Pennsylvania was very pretty, although the raging snow did cause some irritation. But I am happy to be here. The dog Whatley (Stacey is from Alabama so it is prouncounced Wattley, like a 60 watt bulb) is really cute. He's like 4 pounds and ultra fabulous! He's just a little thing with long hair and big ears. He's the only man in the house. I have so much stuff that I'm not sure what to do with myself. Seriously, it's only 10:00 and I am sleepy!!!! There is an Old Navy nearby, so that is potential employment while I whet my appetite for the US Gov't. Stacey already grilled me on politics. I've learned what the "pork" is and budget cuts and how "cutting the pork" affects life. Am I a conservative? I've learned that after the light turns red at least one car can still go. Stopping for pedestrians is optional. People don't use the word excuse me, they just kinda stare at you all annoyed until you move. Oh, and the checkout lady at Target told me that miniblinds should ONLY cost 45 dollars if they are made of alluminum. Hmmmmmmmmm, I got the cheapo ones for 3.88 and NOT aluminum. I thought about jogging tomorrow to learn about the town, but then I remembered Michigan. My 4 mile run ended up being about 7 once I got unlost. I was cold and tired and irritated with myself. So I might just freak out the dog tomorrow and do a kickboxing bootcamp workout. You know, ease myself into losting flab. Thanks for praying everyone!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Hey I'm glad you made it! I hope you and your new roomie will still be laughing with each other as the two month "culture shock" hits and the honeymoon is over. May the Lord Bless you in your new adventure Laura! Wrinkles
I'm glad you safely arrived and things are okay with the new roommates. yes, everything is so expensive out east. Crazy. Anyway, I have some 'developments' to discuss with you. Have fun; I'll talk with you later.
Clarissa
I look forward to reading your musings also.
AF
Yah, the honeymoon will wear off and they'll wonder WHAT DID THEY GET THEMSELVES INTO????? Thanks for praying Y'all!
Did you know that some cereal here is 7 dollars!!!!!!!!!! And I thought 4 was high! Kellogg totally has a leg in here!
Post a Comment