Monday, December 25, 2006
Merry Christmas!
The thing about life AND having a sister means that some people never figure out who is whom. People stare and ask things that could apply to both us (trying to cover the fact that they have no clue if they are speaking to Angel or Laura). Although it is lovely when people ask how Panama is. I normally say something like, "Well, I haven't been since February..." and they TRY (but fail) to cover up the suprise and say, oh, so your sister couldn't join you here? Um no people, my sister is married with two kids, whose gonna fork over the cash for those airline tickets??? But really, people are JUST tryin' to be nice and it's Christmas. For the most part I don't mind being called Angel, or assumed that I have kids and am married. I don't mind when people ask if I'm done with school, as if THAT will ever happen... But in light of it being Christmas, and that the church is covered with poinsetta's I try to cut people a little slack. BUT, I don't cut screaming kids any slack (unless a limb becomes severed). It just irritates me. I also dripped wax on the pew, this also irritated me. I'm 24, why on earth during Silent Night am I tilting my candle so that the wax drips off??? But when it all pools up by the wick I have this HUGE urge to tilt the candle. Only it wouldn't drip, grrrrrrrrr and hence I had to tilt it almost horizontal and it all went drip, drip, drip onto the pew. I glanced around, I don't think anybody saw. By and by though, today was great. My Mom gave me a new toothbrush, mouth wash AND toothpaste. She really loves me! The family was good, it was a three person affair; quite lovely. No snow, a touch disheartening, but I've decided that it is due to global warming. (this isn't even an educated guess as I haven't done much global warming research. I watched "the Day after Tomorrow." Does that count???) Great food. Can't wait for leftovers tomorrow. Can't wait to do homework tomorrow...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I can't believe they were brave enough to actually *give* you a candle on Christmas Eve!
You are too funny, Laura. Sounds like a wonderful Christmas.
Give your parents a big hug from us!
Angie, Mark and the kids!!
Post a Comment