Friday, December 22, 2006

The Grocery Store


The problem with Christmas, is that the whole world at some point or another finds themself in Wal-Mart. People that I hoped to NEVER see again, for some reason or another, somehow seem to find me at Wal-Mart. It's the place where EVERYONE swears they hate, yet everyone still seems to go. I was buying Mushrooms today when I noticed someone next to me, shall we name him Mr. Grumpypants for lack of a better name? Anyway, I think he recognized me, but I pretended not to as I slinked away to find my peppermint ice cream. We all do it you know. Pretend we don't see someone and grab the nearest box of something and ACT really interested. I mean, who cares if you grabbed a box of RID headlice shampoo, you'd rather have the whole town think you have a raging case of lice vs. talk to Madam Dumpypants. It's a fair trade... but then THAT person grabs your arm and screams, "Laura!" Brilliant, I've been found out and I'm going to have to hear about how Madam Dumpants is now, Madam Blabbermouth as she's married now. Did you know that? Well, they don't have any kids yet, but THEY'RE TRYIN'! Then they inconspicuosly shove three 24 packs of beer around their cart hoping that you don't see and judge them... Seriously people, you drank in highschool, you drink now, should I be suprised? No. but there you are stuck in Wal-Mart with a ticking watch, an empty cart, a Christmas list and holding headlice shampoo when your heads bug free. Then, you scratch down their number, and walk away hoping that they don't notice that your bum HAS changed since highschool... And you vow to NEVER shop at Wal-Mart again, but that'll be the day...

4 comments:

Angie said...

Love your scheme of avoiding people at WM.

My burning questions. . . ?

1) Did you really pick up RID?
2) What's the significance of the picture to the blog entry?

Inquiring minds want to know. . .

Angie

Anonymous said...

I love Wal-Mart! I don't necessarily like going there -- but you can't beat the prices! And seriously, you can't beat it for people watching either! Next time you see someone you want to avoid, I think you should run to another isle -- or maybe the other side of the store -- or maybe your car and come back later. On another note -- I've actually been thinking about getting a perm. But that might be a little too 80s. I just need easy! And perms are easy. Anywho... Have a fabulous Christmas!! Merry Christmas to the whole fam.

Q, La, and Gooner said...

Do I look ABOVE picking up RID?

There is no significance to the blog entry. I thought it was a nice view of the Nebraskan countryside. I mean being as we don't have all the "Southern Perks" you do.... I mean, it isn't as if the fam has made it here... I mean, I can make you white fudge whatever Angie if you'd only visit...

Q, La, and Gooner said...

Well Julaine, a perm? R u sure? Cause you looked beautiful in the Christmas card! Although, my hair's currently dk red, so I understand the need for change. But don't do anything drastic or your kids will wonder "what happened to Mom"?? Or you can do what I do and some of your friends say things like, "I don't dislike it..." or "It's not so bad." But the whole put gel in your hair and go does have its advantages... Very easy! Maybe a body wave? Merry Christmas, and thanks for the Christmas card!